advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
50913265627_9cf5e5e9ff_b.jpg

The Pen's ISO performance is actually pretty good, and entirely useable to at least 1600. The Oly sensor is also very good at recovering highlight detail (obviously within the bounds of clipping) so one of the tricks is to over-expose by 1 stop by raising the ISO setting, then bring it back to 1 stop under in PP. Of course with the Olympus IBIS, providing the target is static, hand-held shots at 0.5 sec or longer are very easy.

This was at 6400:

Sunlit by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

3200:

Church Corner by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

No it isn't full frame clean, but it's not bad for a tiny camera.

I can see a tiny bit camera shake in the top image, but the bottom one is again quite amazing

The Pen's ISO performance is actually pretty good, and entirely useable to at least 1600. The Oly sensor is also very good at recovering highlight detail (obviously within the bounds of clipping) so one of the tricks is to over-expose by 1 stop by raising the ISO setting, then bring it back to 1 stop under in PP. Of course with the Olympus IBIS, providing the target is static, hand-held shots at 0.5 sec or longer are very easy.

This was at 6400:

Sunlit by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

3200:

Church Corner by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

No it isn't full frame clean, but it's not bad for a tiny camera.

Yeah the top image is not the best..but at 6400iso and the slow shutter speed hand held again is quite remarkable...the 3200iso image is pretty spot on..for my eyes..maybe take out 10-15 cyan..

I can see a tiny bit camera shake in the top image, but the bottom one is again quite amazing
Yeah the top image is not the best..but at 6400iso and the slow shutter speed hand held again is quite remarkable...the 3200iso image is pretty spot on..for my eyes..maybe take out 10-15 cyan..

Thanks for the input, and the PM :)

Actually, the top image is suffering a tiny bit of CA which the Panasonic 20-1.7 does suffer from in certain conditions, when used wide open. I'd be mortified if it was camera shake as it was shot around 1/600sec. :D

The lone tree by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Olympus Pen F/Voigtländer Nokton 50-1.5

It was misty again this moring - can't remember the last time we had such good conditions in such a short space of time. It has certainly helped to make lockdown more bearable. With all this talk of me getting a dog walking camera, this morning's outing reminded me just how amazingly good the Z7 is.

Forlorn by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

Last edited:
It was misty again this moring - can't remember the last time we had such good conditions in such a short space of time. It has certainly helped to make lockdown more bearable. With all this talk of me getting a dog walking camera, this morning's outing reminded me just how amazingly good the Z7 is.

Forlorn by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

Nice......

BTW remote trigger from your phone, problem solved :D

71vwmr2NLZL._AC_SY450_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N31FQJS/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The other thing I learned today is that little Sony RX100 III isn't so bad after all. After spending a bit of time setting it up for manual exposure control, it's now 'usable'. It's still far from ideal (setting your AF point is basically impossible - so I just put it on wide area and let the camera choose where to focus), but it also means that I don't have to spend any money on a new camera.

Here are a couple of images showcasing the scenic delights of Milton Keynes.

(Please zoom in to see how I came up with titles for the images!)

F--K Bill Gates by Amar Sood, on Flickr

No Swimming by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony RX100 III / RNI Films Portra 160

Lefty

The other thing I learned today is that little Sony RX100 III isn't so bad after all. After spending a bit of time setting it up for manual exposure control, it's now 'usable'. It's still far from ideal (setting your AF point is basically impossible - so I just put it on wide area and let the camera choose where to focus), but it also means that I don't have to spend any money on a new camera.

Here are a couple of images showcasing the scenic delights of Milton Keynes.

(Please zoom in to see how I came up with titles for the images!)

F--K Bill Gates by Amar Sood, on Flickr

No Swimming by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Sony RX100 III / RNI Films Portra 160

Lefty

Really like these, definitely my cup of tea, the processing is just right - a zine in the making..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back