advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2019 part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gromit - you lucky get: that's a proper camera. Does merely fondling it for a few days count as 'use'..?

(off to dig my Yashicamat out of hibernation, inspired by your sax pic earlier)

:D - I'll check with the Missus, although the lens and back are technically 'mine' as of now.

Using the Yashica really got me onto 6x6 - thought at first that the square format would be slightly at-odds, but love it now.

Frustrating - I've wanted one of these since I was a spotty teenager (more years ago than I care to dwell upon). Some of it is a Christmas present from Mrs Gromit, and I'm under the strictest instructions NOT to use it until Christmas Day. A fridge loaded with Tri-X and Portra awaits...

Hasselblad by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Victor by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

You lucky basket you. I'm just thinking of finding a mf, but it won't be one of those, mores the pity.

Using the Yashica really got me onto 6x6 - thought at first that the square format would be slightly at-odds, but love it now.
I love square format, and the image quality of 6x6; and in the decade or so I've had the Yashi, not posted enough of the fun I've had with it. Not only is the ancient lens remarkably good, I find the slow deliberate action of choosing to use it, and the discipline of composition inverted lovely; and a TLR / any waist-level finder is a wonderful thing to try portraits with (and I only try, on that front) - simply because the camera isn't between your eye and the subject's. And I was wholly inspired to try this approach, simply by watching @mentalp 's use of ( I think) a Bronica ETRSi here - and the endless resulting object lesson in what portraits can be :)

Girl on Film
jess_film.jpg

Jess, a day out (c.2011) playing together with a couple of OM2s, and the Yashicamat ( this pic) down by Porlock Weir. Metering guess by Gossen Sixtomat, bought new by my grandpa c 1954 (and still in use by me - Sixtomat +Yashicamat = no batteries to fail!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back