advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
28336973_10156117215234076_8739166680768083652_o.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments fellas. :)

Yes, processing a scanned negative is rather at odds with the whole idea...but Portra seems to like it (at the risk of accusations of 'heretic' etc) :D

I like the more delicate tones in the last one best, David. It looks as though you have gone more with the light, rather than trying to punch it up.

I like the more delicate tones in the last one best, David. It looks as though you have gone more with the light, rather than trying to punch it up.

The first two were taken about 9.30am and the last one about 5pm (I ran two workshops yesterday and my image taking was restricted to before and after!!) so the light was very different, but you are right I processed the last one more sympathetical. The first one was actually a 9 bracket exposure, merged and then processed with my Northern Griity preset!!

One of things I want to do this year is to try and process softer, but I'm often drawn to the more punchy image.

One of things I want to do this year is to try and process softer, but I'm often drawn to the more punchy image.

I find myself doing the same, really always looking for a more filmlike, less digital rendition. Looking back on some of my work from even two or three years ago, I can see how I have tried to accentuate tones, and I don't like it. I have started to carry my old Nikon F3 with me again now, and have been using it to make a direct comparison. I've got a couple of rolls to process from a recent Somme visit, will be interesting as the light was very flat, actually better suited to colour, a very desaturated look.

Thanks JH - I think the X100 (in all its forms) epitomises the saying: 'The best camera is the one you have with you' more than just about any other. As does the Olympus Pen F when fitted with the Panasonic 20-1.7. Both wonderful cameras and a joy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back