advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the fire....

31905952983_978afec109_b.jpg
[/url]Lucy_fire__01 by Ian123running, on Flickr[/img]

Vulture at the Cotswold falconry centre, Batsford.

31883467214_6c1d6a3726_b.jpg
[/url]Vulture_ by Ian123running, on Flickr[/img]

My old Nikon D80, 70-300mm VR. Taken a while ago. I'm re-processing some old raw files with Capture NX-D (which I much prefer to NX-2). Plus I now know a bit more about what I'm doing.

Very nice Mr P, but could I suggest that you are erring on the side of oversharpening.

I had been thinking this, its trying to push my 'northern gritty' effect without going overboard.

I think I'll print a couple and get them on the wall of my office, and see how they appear printed, then adjust accordingly, but thanks for the heads up.

I think it's a little like the HDR craze of a few years ago - which I still can't bloody stand to any degree - once you see it, the production dominates the perception.

Judiciously and sympathetically applied - like Lefty's Pod life - individual results can be great, no doubt of that.

A bit like seasoning really - chucking chili in everything really doesn't make you a better cook. I'm not a great fan of 'heavy processing of everything' anyway...

Very good point - well made. It's a timely reminder to me not to get carried away. When the production becomes the point of the image, then it has gone too far. The production should be a means to an end. Something to allow the artist to express his / her vision. It shouldn't be the sole purpose of the image.

Agree with you 100%

170204 Llyn Ogwen and Tryfan by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

and for drummerman, that was a 10.5min exposure to remove all the traffic on the road!!!!

Wonderful image Mr P!

31909578853_8d355c687d_c.jpg

38 years in the making.

Oh yes - this definitely pushes my buttons. Hats off sir!

Lefty

Here's the latest installment in my 'architectural, fine art' series of images. (Taken yesterday morning)

Apex by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 / XF16-55mm f2.8 / Formatt Hitech Firecrest Circular Polariser

Lefty

DSCF1110.jpg

River Adur in Sussex.
No processing. Fuji XT-1 with 35mm F2 and Velvia film simulation.
Colours from my Canon 1DSiii were more natural. So not sure about selling the Canon gear yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back