advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eguth - really love the moon over the flats. Lots of emotions in that for me - nature/paganism vs. religion vs. urban life. Love it.

Thanks Rasher. Funny enough I had absolutely no emotion when I took the shot; I just thought it looked rather nice. This just shows how photography evokes such different reactions in different people.

Like the geological strata on display top left.

Yes, it does look like that doesn't it!

These are called the dent de lanfon, and they are give or take vertical cliffs sticking up out of a forrest below. I think the snow doesn't stick to the cliffs (which stay grey), and drops to a big pile at the bottom which is the white band. The snow quickly burns off the fir trees below, giving the bottom dark band, hence the effect!

Thank's, Mr P...I've pushed it around quite a bit to get what you see here.

I use Lightroom. Photoshop was used for channel swapping which made it look surreal in the colours - back into lightroom and turned it into a mono which transformed it and resembles an etching. I used the radial filter to control the hot spots in the highlights and the clarity slider to knock back the contrast. Then split toned it to get the coloured look. Overall, it took a few hours as I kept deleting my edits.

For anyone who wants a go, this is a pretty good tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back