advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2014 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely shots.

Will put one or 2 photos up of our hols in N Yorks over the next few days. A few to be getting on with for now - these from this afternoon at Pickering Station where I spent a couple of hours' me-time whilst Mrs Gromit took the kids swimming.

DSCF2373_small.jpg

Early, early morning romp down to the coast in the Fisher Fury; 30second exposure above Lulworth Cove.

Ducit Amor Patriae translated as Love of My Country Guides Me (or Us) is an installation created by artist Doug Jones and Border Textile Group.

The exhibition responds to the original use of the Gymnasium Gallery as a place for military training. It reflects on the experiences of soldiers who used it on a daily basis and lived in the nearby Berwick barracks.

Sixty figures, carved from wood and suspended on fitness swings, create a dense and poignant landscape of human activity and shadows. The mass of the soldiers is divided into three individual regiments identifiable by different colours of military fitness costumes. A group dressed as generals alludes to the hierarchy of individuals within an army while nurses and priests reflect on the human cost of war.

X-E2 Samyang 8mm ISO3200

Ducit Amor Patriae 2 sm by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Ducit Amor Patriae 1 sm by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back