advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2014 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends

Hate to sound like a broken record but some of the images lately have just been first rate and this is from a group already working at a pretty impressive level.

Friends

Hate to sound like a broken record but some of the images lately have just been first rate and this is from a group already working at a pretty impressive level.

I for one certainly go slack-jawed at some of the photos posted here. Great, innit.

Will put one or 2 photos up of our hols in N Yorks over the next few days. A few to be getting on with for now - these from this afternoon at Pickering Station where I spent a couple of hours' me-time whilst Mrs Gromit took the kids swimming.

With the Fuji X100:

DSCF0744

DSCF0734

X-Pro1/35mm f1.4:

DSCF3283

With 56mm/f1.2:

DSCF3320

NERD FACTS ALERT: Pickering Station - a George Townshend Andrews design. Lots of East and North Yorkshire stations are - Scarborough, Whitby lines especially. Most of the rooves have been removed and Pickering is a copy.

Old picture - but here is another one...

IMGP3499 par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

END NERD FACT ALERT

PS Cracking BW engine Gromit

Chippy, the chipmunk, prays to the great Peanut God, who has given him a legume or — from his point of view — Manna from Heaven.

14993320522_8c2087ecd7_c.jpg

Joe

Very nice Mr P.

Pete

Thanks

Nice. What's involved in the conversion - a DIY job?

Dan, its actually an ebay seller, I contacted him last week and said was it possible to have an IR converted camera before I went away on holiday, and he said he converts them to order, so he couldn't do me one in time, but he very kindly lent me his full spectrum camera, two lenses and an IR filter!! I'm quite impressed with it and i'm not sure that it's going back!! its a lot of fun to use, and the camera/lens combo is about the same £££ as having one of my Fuji's converted (the the Fuji's have a lot of hot spot lenses).

Dan, its actually an ebay seller, I contacted him last week and said was it possible to have an IR converted camera before I went away on holiday, and he said he converts them to order, so he couldn't do me one in time, but he very kindly lent me his full spectrum camera, two lenses and an IR filter!! I'm quite impressed with it and i'm not sure that it's going back!! its a lot of fun to use, and the camera/lens combo is about the same £££ as having one of my Fuji's converted (the the Fuji's have a lot of hot spot lenses).

Appologies if I'm telling you something you already know, but if you want to use the camera for standard colour photographs you'll probably need to use an IR cut filter to avoid IR contamination. I use B+W 486 filters with my Leica M8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back