advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2014 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF1341_crop.jpg

You would think he would post a bad one every now and then to make us feel better about ours.

:D

Pete

i think that with Mark's photos, quite a lot of the look is in post processing. And he is meticulous in what he does to get a certain look, which is the sort of thing that magazines and competition judges look for. However that doesn't detract from what under the processing is generally extremely well seen, well framed, technically excelllent (exposure, white balance or grey tonal range) - what's not to like

Keep up the excellent work Mark

I'm guessing Mark walks further in a week than many people do in a year to get the right image, in the right light, from the right position etc. PP can't turn a dog into something that us lot admire so much.

I feel lucky to be on a hifi forum that has such great photographers. ie. I HATE photography forums (read 'camera equipment forums').

Mark is the connoisseur of the breaking dawn - his latest upload is like a relief etching of some sort, a superb image.

I'm guessing Mark walks further in a week than many people do in a year to get the right image, in the right light, from the right position etc. PP can't turn a dog into something that us lot admire so much.

I feel lucky to be on a hifi forum that has such great photographers. ie. I HATE photography forums (read 'camera equipment forums').

+1 on Tony's last comment. The photo section is the one I hit first before audio. Mark, Cliff, Paulicus, and many others share first rate work. Much appreciated!

Cheers folks. I spent about five minutes processing this. Cliff is right though. It's all about achieving what I see in an image.

Since taking it up in Feb 2010 I think I''ve entered five competitions. I do need to concentrate more on my 'own' images and less on what others might think. This is one that I like. I just liked the tempoary nature of the scene and the fact that you have no idea where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back