advertisement

Ortofon's MC Anna and 12" arms

No I just love music hence I buy lots

I have no interest in collectibles

Bub you only have 200 albums right?

When compared to the general population I think it is likely to be true. I have several friends with huge record collections who think I'm insane for having a huge pile of hifi gear. They revel in things like signed copies of favourite bands, having all The Beatles in low numbered monos, complete runs of Vertigo labels etc, but are happy to play all of these on a USB turntable through the AV system and 'speakers that came with the telly.

I think there are a lot more of them then there are of us.

Of course if you are sampling from a base population of people who post on a hi-fi forum this might skew the results slightly. But that's like asking if you like al fresco sex on www.dogging.com.

I believe James has a very impressive record collection and I have to say, very good musical taste.

It's just he has his old favorites and plays it loud enough to make most of us deaf.

Surely having a large number of records means you are indecisive?

Possibly ...

Actually I have no idea how many records I've got. They have spread across the house alarmingly. So I can't do the math on cost of equipment vs cost of recordings, so I'm indecisive about whether I'm a music lover or a gear freak. One thing I'm not is a collector.

How many "AUDIOPHILE PRESSINGS" does he have? Bub care to own up? Do you ever attend live music?
Any colle tion containing dsotm springsteen or dire straits doesnt impress me

Jek, I'm getting really, really tired of your pathetic attempts at winding bub up. If you don't find yourself able to change your record (I'm not sure your collection has more than that one), you'll be given some time off-forum.

Markus - moderating

Theres nothing like live music... this is my fifth night in a row at a live event. Audiophiles prefer to spend time on forums discussing azimuth

advertisement

Back