advertisement

Ok. Here it is. Show us all your old cars.

Cool stuff Debs, what series will you be competing in? And who is the Imp tuner of choice these days? Are Hartwell still doing their stuff?

The G15 is being built to compete in the CSCC 'Swinging Sixties' Championship. It will have a dry-sumped 1068cc motor running a Hartwell 410 cam coupled to a 5 speed transaxle with straight cut dog face engagement gears.

Probably the best known 'Imp Man' these days is Dennis Alt (who used to work with Ian Carter). He does my transaxles.

Sadly Team Hartwell are long since gone.

Dave Van der Vlist (Dutche Components) is still around - I use him for parts.

I build my own race engines (I own 'Priestess Race Engines') - Roger Fabry of 'Sabre Heads' does my cylinder heads for me.

Some superb cars, and pics already. Continuing with the +2 theme, this was a project of mine a few years back.

2004_zps31706035.jpg

I was devastated to see the paint crack on mine after we went back to fibreglass and the gelcoat had been filled with supposed crackproof stuff....within a year there were lines everywhere....

You've just missed Snett - it was on the 12/13 Apr.

The next Snett will be 18/19 Oct.

I won't be out with the G15, it has a way to go on the build yet.

My first car was a Reliant 3/25, on a motorbike license of course.

http://www.3wheelers.com/regal2.html

Pure utility but actually drifted really well on roundabouts with crossply tyres. It WAS good fun.

My mum's first car was a Regal; same as you on a motorbike licence.

The only thing I remember about it was trying to get in to the car park on top of Coventry Indoor Market and it being too light to trigger the automatic barriers! We had to get half a dozen people to stand around the car to get them to lift.

My mum's first car was a Regal; same as you on a motorbike licence.

The only thing I remember about it was trying to get in to the car park on top of Coventry Indoor Market and it being too light to trigger the automatic barriers! We had to get half a dozen people to stand around the car to get them to lift.

I could push start mine by myself on level ground, often needed as the starter motor bendix was not very reliable.

Must dig out some pics when back from hols. Anglia 105E first, then Viva, Spitfire, TVR's (loads of them!), Quattro's etc then on to boring stuff.

Just a selection of my early Alfa Romeos - wish I still had any one of them.

Alfasud TI Green Cloverleaf

scan0005_zps5a858727.jpg

Alfasud Sprint

scan0003_zps75a56d33.jpg

scan0004_zps45dfdeaa.jpg

1600 GT Junior

scan0002_zps7065d710.jpg

scan0001_zps14c53367.jpg

75 3.0 V6

scan0006_zpsc20adf62.jpg

The G15 is being built to compete in the CSCC 'Swinging Sixties' Championship. It will have a dry-sumped 1068cc motor running a Hartwell 410 cam coupled to a 5 speed transaxle with straight cut dog face engagement gears.

Probably the best known 'Imp Man' these days is Dennis Alt (who used to work with Ian Carter). He does my transaxles.

Sadly Team Hartwell are long since gone.

Dave Van der Vlist (Dutche Components) is still around - I use him for parts.

I build my own race engines (I own 'Priestess Race Engines') - Roger Fabry of 'Sabre Heads' does my cylinder heads for me.

Excellent, I still have a G20 which I hope to get out with this year. And I need to find a sensible series for the Radikal prosport. There used to be a couple of G15s running in the 750 MC Roadsports series a few years ago, was one of them you? I think my brother used to do the Birkett relay with a team who had one also.

Stunning machinery, those Alfas. The 75s sounded amazing.

The 75 3.0 was the best car I have owned. Lovely engine with loads of torque. It was a really well balanced car and handled beautifully. I had three and sold the last one when I moved to Paris and bought a scooter :(

I'd give my left testicle to be able to afford to run any one of these Alfas today. My current transport is an old Civic 1.6SE

honda1_zpsdb245883.jpg

OK, thats cool Debs. Well I shall pay more attention in future. I've been all work and no play the last couple of years, but I'm planning on reversing that very soon:)

Anyway good luck to you and enjoy yourself.

Love this thread! Great idea, but gutted I don't have old snaps scanned and ready post. I will rectify this in next few days;)

Expect boy racer mini (fibre glass body) triumph GT6 and Stag! Of yes.......

Just a selection of my early Alfa Romeos - which I still had any one of them..

Thanks for the memories. Can't seem to find prints of my old cars.
Had the 'Sud Sprint 1.5 Veloce and 75 2litre.

Sprint - Slim pedals, close together, offset to the left. The raspy free revving boxer.

75 - roof mounted power window switches, last of the real wheel drive Alfa.

advertisement

Back