advertisement

Ok. Here it is. Show us all your old cars.

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
I'll kick off with my first (car, that is!). My 1850 Dolomite. And friend.

I loved all 91BHP of it. Went all over the country, learning to be smooth and gentle.

I ragged the car though :)

That's ace Tony. Do you just take a digi pic of your real photo? If so I'll need to do the same for my early ones.

Lotus Elan +2 - the best and worst car I ever owned.

P1010471.JPG

My 106 Rallye. 1.3, 100bhp @7,200rpm. It's the closest thing I've driven to a Playstation game, as there was rarely a need to brake hard, just steer.

Where to start? Not the actual ones but you get the idea :) (correct colours) lovely stuff here, wish I had my 106 gti :)

670x377Image.jpg

vbpgimage.php

bmw-m5-5-0-v8-4dr-low-mileage-e39-72614907-2.jpg

My first car was an Austin Allegro. It was at least fifth-hand when I got it and I don't have any fond memories of it at all.

My first biggie. An Opel Manta slammed into my rear, shunting me over a busy junction near Ely. Wrote my Dolly off, not sure about the Manta.

My 1978 Chevy Caprice in the Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia, 1996. A real lard barge, but 3p/litre and straight roads meant it didn't matter.

No pics, sadly - but my first (in 1986) was a blue 1974 mini 1000 with a disintegrating rear subframe. The car lasted 6 weeks beyond passing my test before getting written off by an uninsured driver pulling out of a side-road and demolishing a good chunk of the front end.

I like that Tony. There's something definitely wrong with me, I like the big old lazy V8 barges. I had a Dodge something or rather in Canada for a short while. The most gutless v8 you could imagine, and wonderfully vague steering, but I liked it.

Some superb cars, and pics already. Continuing with the +2 theme, this was a project of mine a few years back.

2004_zps31706035.jpg

advertisement

Back