advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+6)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, here in the Netherlands we are fairly confident Barnier can reach a deal with Olly/Theresa. But we see UK crashing out of EU without a deal, again because both EU and UK media tell us UK parliament will not approve any deal. So if the no deal phase is to serve any purpose, it will has to be in changing UK MP's attitude.

We'll see who gets the last laugh when the Netherlands has a poverty stricken neighbour riven by existential angst.

the Netherlands

A friend sent me photo of Palexpo the other day, he is working for few months in Swiss. We are already poverty stricken (more than just a 4% difference over the years). He sent me the pic because we flew business class to Geneva longtime ago, at that time we in the Netherlands were on average a little richer than the Swiss (not the banks or nation, the people). At this moment we are to the Swiss what the Bulgarians and Romanians are to us. I don't think that would easily change by leaving the EU or euro, but can we only hope not to grow further apart?

No, they need us more than we need them. The run on the pound is meaningless. It is now at 1.11, meaning that a Euro is worth 90p. 2 years ago it was about 75p, but we've Taken Back Control.

Such is confidence in the British Government’s Brexit strategy, that the pound continues its slide against both the € and $. Traders obviously take Sly Fox at his word and the ex-Foreign Secretary’s “Fcuk business” views are probably still resonating alongside Dr. Fox’s dire prognostications. All we need is Johnson to take over the Party and we’ll see a run on it.

Are these people really ignorant or stupid?

No Deal Brexit Warnings Like 'Unnecessary' Millennium Bug Fears, Says Tory Brexiteer.

The roll-over date issue was a known problem with plenty of time to implement (mostly easy) fixes.

Brexit is an unknown problem with no easy fixes.

It's like the Conservatives who criticised the '80s AIDS prevention campaign (one of the few good things to emerge in Thatcher's time) as the epidemic the adverts warned about didn't ultimately happen.

That was because of the campaign, you doofers

Arrgh.

Stephen

From chaos comes new fat business opportunities. There are hundreds of Pritti Patels and war time spiv equivalents waiting to capitalise on the mayhem.

Last edited:
Ah, I was going to volunteer Champagne.

You don't think of the Vaucluse, almost Provence, as being that cold, but it can get jolly chilly in winter. Some of my favourite country, and wine.

Clearly we should not have gone to war in 1939 as the UK was not invaded before the end of the war.

Also, why have vaccinations against diseases that have not bothered us for decades?

You don't think of the Vaucluse, almost Provence, as being that cold, but it can get jolly chilly in winter. Some of my favourite country, and wine.
It can be less than tropical in the summer too. It's near the Alps after all, and Ventoux is high. I nearly froze my arse off cycling up it in May, I was wearing EVERYTHING and on the way down I had to stop and run about to warm up.

Last edited:
We're always being told the world is shrinking, so that would explain global warming. Maybe we should all climb a bit up the mountain

Slightly OT, but there were some wonderful climate change deniers on LBC yesterday at Drivetime. Has anyone ever made a Venn diagram including those for Brexit and denying climate change?

Edit : sorry, that's a bit elitist, please ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back