advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+23)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your palpable excitement at the possible demise of the EU is so apparent that I suspect you are also a supporter of Putin-as are many conservatives if radio phone-in programmes are anything to go by. He’s looking forward to it too.

Do you know any MEPs?

I do. She works tirelessly on environmental and social issues amongst member states. She’s the kind of MEP the EU will miss.

Stephen

I'm not excited, merely rather depressed, and no, I don't support Putin.

...except of course providing the EU Project with a thin and almost entirely illusory sheen of democracy.

I see that the preferred candidate for Juncker's successor at the Commission has been annointed, and that she (!) is another fanatical federalist. And that the new head of the ECB is a convicted crook. Isn't life just full of surprises. The European Neros continue to fiddle even as the flames lick at their feet.

Perhaps the new Parliament will finally show it's democratic mettle and block the appointments of these two high-living nobodys.
Your back on form- as Quentin Letts without the gags. Your febrile dreams of European domination will come to an end shortly- some time before 31 October, replaced by a waking nightmare conducted by someone far worse. Your order has arrived- no returns, no refunds.

While the microsopically tiny subset of the UK 'selects' a PM from a choice of dumb or dumber. Are you sure the ground from which you criticise elected MEPs is all that solid?

This Rome burning of which you speak is way closer to home.

Is this some kind of whataboutism?

Your palpable excitement at the possible demise of the EU is so apparent that I suspect you are also a supporter of Putin-as are many conservatives if radio phone-in programmes are anything to go by. He’s looking forward to it too.

Do you know any MEPs?

I do. She works tirelessly on environmental and social issues amongst member states. She’s the kind of MEP the EU will miss.

Stephen
I get the concept of glee at the misfortune of others, for which there’s a useful term but I can’t think of the word for glee at your own, self-destruction.

Your back on form- as Quentin Letts without the gags. Your febrile dreams of European domination will come to an end shortly- some time before 31 October, replaced by a waking nightmare conducted by someone far worse. Your order has arrived- no returns, no refunds.

All very glib, but it doesn't address the issues of the appointments of two of the most powerful figures in the EU, just characteristically dodges it.

All very glib, but it doesn't address the issues of the appointments of two of the most powerful figures in the EU, just characteristically dodges it.
You are a Tory ( a theatrically nose holding one, admittedly) and you voted to leave the EU. Since we are indeed leaving the EU, I’m unsure what relevance the leadership elections of the EU has other than a handy finger pointing exercise for you- pointing away from the far more present threat to the wellbeing of this country.

..and their constituencies voted for them, rather than the libdems, labour or the conservatives, to...?
*Some* of their constituents voted for them. They represent *all* of them. I want any elected representative to represent me, regardless of whether I voted for them. That's their job. I do not want them engaging in a gesture as childish as this. Would your comments be the same if Sinn Fein turned up at the UK parliament and turned their backs on the other MPs? Because it is an exactly analogous situation. I know that if they did there would be uproar.

Why is it in our interest to apply a tariff on oranges and give that money to the EU.
https://brexitcentral.com/dan-lewis-new-16-import-tariffs-oranges-show-must-leave-customs-union/
Because such a move supports Spain and other citrus producers in the EU. Spain becomes more affluent, as a result so do we, we are after all part of the same union.

This attitude is symptomatic of the Brexit supporters' inability to look beyond the English Channel or even the end of their nose. It's "spend it on the NHS" all over again.

Do I ask why I have to pay VAT on something I buy in Leeds, knowing that the money will be sent to Westminster? No, I don't. Because I know that Leeds is part of the same union as London, Cardiff and Edinburgh.

*Some* of their constituents voted for them. They represent *all* of them. I want any elected representative to represent me, regardless of whether I voted for them. That's their job. I do not want them engaging in a gesture as childish as this. Would your comments be the same if Sinn Fein turned up at the UK parliament and turned their backs on the other MPs? Because it is an exactly analogous situation. I know that if they did there would be uproar.

If a constituency returns a libdem MP, he or she would be expected to carry out the libdem manifesto, not the Conservative, Green or Labour one.

Just for the record, I find the back-turning nonsense as childish and pathetic as you do.

It must be noted that since the referendum there has been a 100% rise in hatred towards bus seats!

thumb_a-right-wing-extremist-group-mistook-empty-bus-seats-for-26710020.png

...except of course providing the EU Project with a thin and almost entirely illusory sheen of democracy.

I see that the preferred candidate for Juncker's successor at the Commission has been annointed, and that she (!) is another fanatical federalist. And that the new head of the ECB is a convicted crook. Isn't life just full of surprises. The European Neros continue to fiddle even as the flames lick at their feet.

Perhaps the new Parliament will finally show it's democratic mettle and block the appointments of these two high-living nobodys.

Bloody hell, talking to yourself now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back