advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+23)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more racists and nationalists in France than the UK. It's a case of the UK racists being a bit noisier about it at the moment. So although your French friend had a shit time on the bus, it is meaningless in support of trying to show that the UK is racist. In fact every survey I have ever seen shows UK as more tolerant than France and most of Europe.

Additionally, your French friend may not have had as shit a time in UK as I have had in France in terms of being treated differently because one is not from around these parts. I could not get an apartment here for a year because I did not have the paperwork that is extremely difficult to get if you are not French. I had to live on my warehouse floor, slowly gathering the documents required to get housing. I could not even apply for social housing. I still don't have the correct paperwork, so I am limited to one landlady, who took a punt on me despite not having the correct papers.

I cannot get the authorities to change the address on my driving license because the current one is an English address. If it had a german address on it, they would have changed it. So the French authorities are forcing me to carry an ID card with false information on it.

And more people dislike muslims here than UK, I am 150% sure of it.

Xenophobia in France is endemic and laced through the entire fabric of the country.
Rich, you are clearly a victim of racism in France. Proceed to your nearest consulate to request assistance. Avoid public transport and crowds, keep your voice low so that you can’t be overheard,
Paris is the worst it seems-

skynews-brexit-party-eu_4707720.jpg

It's Anne Widdecombe's most photogenic side though so every cloud and all that :)

Possibly.

No it's not meaningless, it shows that the UK is racist, whether France is too or not.

Yeah, the French love their bureaucracy. The myth that only the Brits follow the rules is just that, a myth. The French just *love* their rules. As long as they only apply to everybody else.
But it does not. Sample size of 1 results in an abandoned project in my memory.

This is where we are now. The UK represented in an international forum. Disrespectful and childish.

In front, representatives of the most successful peaceful collaboration of countries with different cultures, languages and who were either recently at war, or under Soviet occupation.Now working together. Possibly the last bastion of liberal democracy in the world with any influence.

At the back, the 'representatives' we have sent to this forum.

I suspect the EU will be glad to be shot of us.

I've never been embarrassed to be British before. I am now.

skynews-brexit-party-eu_4707720.jpg

Stephen
Lol. Rather misguided advice on this tactic. I wonder who said 'I know, let's all turn our backs in unison'. And why didn't anyone say 'don't be so stupid'.

O friends, no more these sounds! Let us sing more cheerful songs, more full of joy!Joy, bright spark of divinity; Daughter of Elysium; Fire-inspired we tread
Thy sanctuary.Thy magic power re-unites all that custom has divided, All men become brothers, under the sway of thy gentle wings....You millions, I embrace you.
This kiss is for all the world!

So bury the rag deep in your face. For now's the time for your tears.

(it is supposed to be a music website :)

Last edited:
Not fans of jazz some of the others, it seems:
BBC - 'Other MEPs refused to stand at all as the EU's anthem - composed by Ludwig van Beethoven in 1824 - was played by a jazz ensemble.'

I’m okay with that, I wouldn’t stand up for our own national anthem. Especially if they made a scat version of it...

I’m okay with that, I wouldn’t stand up for our own national anthem. Especially if they made a scat version of it...

Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush
God save the King

Oh look they've all turned round again!

Of course you don’t, that would require some self awareness and this little word salad of excuses, blame and deflection is your typical nonsense. Your pretence on how you voted fools nobody and just makes you look like you’re trolling. Nobody else is being so precious over it.
More personal guff and the troll accusation yet again. :D

There is nothing amiss with my postings here. Every word in that ‘word salad’ was true. You asked a question, I answered it but still nothing from you in reply to a point that was raised by you in the first place. You seemed to want it answered and I answered in good faith, so what is the problem? I can only suspect the answer wasn’t what you wanted it to be?

I think that even if I posted something you would post yourself, you will still not agree with me. After all, you say I voted leave so as a hard-remainer you can’t agree with anything I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back