advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this whole thing lumbers on, my greatest fear isn't that Brexit will happen, or that Brexit won't happen, it's that Parlimentary politics will emerge with such reputational damage that "other ways" will become normalised.
My biggest fear is that politicians have discovered that there are no consequences for telling blatant lies. They are not career-ending, quite the reverse in fact.

My biggest fear is both - that hard brexit will occur, and that the UK government will be in such disarray, stuffed with incompetent fanatics, that investors and industry will bail from the UK, leading to the spectacular collapse of a major industrialized nation.

Perhaps that’s what the country needs in order for it to come to its senses. It won’t be pretty, but its the only way many people will learn

Perhaps that’s what the country needs in order for it to come to its senses. It won’t be pretty, but its the only way many people will learn
Perhaps - more often economic crisis begets ever more extreme politics. If Britain enters that kind of downward spiral it may take decades to recover, and Brexiters won't "learn" they'll just age out of the workforce and die off.

Pure Tea Party-grade moronism. I’m somewhat disappointed she didn’t have a badly misspelled and crayoned ranty placard of some kind though.

Do you think the final deal could include the EU taking some of these people off our hands, because we seem to have a disproportionate number?

She has a website if you can stomach having a look:-

https://basedamy.com/

(Mods - feel free to remove if you think it's necessary. I don't want to unintentionally give her publicity)
Yep. That clip's doing the rounds on social media as evidence of what happens when you let the mob have their say, with this woman cast as Representative Member of the Public. She's actually a small business-woman, selling attention (and merch) using tools and material (betrayal narratives, aggressive, performative stupidity) gifted to her by the people she's interrupted here in the act of generating more of it. They all deserve each other. But she is closer to them than she is to the woman in the street.

She's actually a small business-woman, selling attention (and merch) using tools and material (betrayal narratives, aggressive, performative stupidity) gifted to her by the people she's interrupted here in the act of generating more of it. They all deserve each other. But she is closer to them than she is to the woman in the street.

Hopefully she’ll now have a proper spotlight shone on that ’business’. My suspicion is a fair number of these bloggers, YouTubers etc are not declaring their earnings from ad revenue etc and some may well be claiming state benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back