advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+21)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Steel Scunthorpe going under because of Brexit. 66% of the population voted for Brexit and many locals are saying they’ll vote for Farage. BBC News corespondent tries passing the buck to the local Labour MP for not helping May “get Brexit over the line”. It’s going to take a while longer for them to realise Farage has killed their local economy.

Farage did not force them to vote for Brexit, and it seems they are still in favour. Chickens are coming home and there will be many more.

It's now a fight between leaving with no deal or revocation of Article 50 and remaining. We are now too polarised for any compromise to be achievable, if it ever was. The only remaining question is whether there is a new Referendum or will the October 31st deadline force Parliament's hand.

Rather confusing newsflash that May will POSSIBLY allow MPs to vote on a second Referendum if they back her Brexit Bill.

It will only get through if quite a lot of Labour MPs vote for it. There aren't enough Labour Leavers alone to do it.

The second referendum offer is for mugs i.e. save me by hauling my bill through Parliament and you'll get to vote on whether there should be a second referendum.

Funnily enough I reckon Corbyn might possibly go for that. It's almost as bad as his offer of having an option on a second referendum. Those two are very similar - Remainers who became rabid Brexiteers.

Beth Rigby from Sky News said it would have been easy for May to attach a confirmatory vote to her Brexit Bill. She didn't because the far right of the Tory Party, which seems to be most of them, would go ballisti.

We are governed by cowards.

Jack

Francois was busy hammering nails into May’s coffin lid today ahead of her speech by saying there’s no way the Provisional Wing of the Party would support it.

It will only get through if quite a lot of Labour MPs vote for it. There aren't enough Labour Leavers alone to do it.

The second referendum offer is for mugs i.e. save me by hauling my bill through Parliament and you'll get to vote on whether there should be a second referendum.

Funnily enough I reckon Corbyn might possibly go for that. It's almost as bad as his offer of having an option on a second referendum. Those two are very similar - Remainers who became rabid Brexiteers.

Beth Rigby from Sky News said it would have been easy for May to attach a confirmatory vote to her Brexit Bill. She didn't because the far right of the Tory Party, which seems to be most of them, would go ballisti.

We are governed by cowards.

Jack
It will get through if all of the tories and DUP vote for it.

It won’t get through because it’s a rubbish deal and should not go through, so let’s hope enough MPs once again do the right thing.

4,500 jobs at British Steel and up to 20k in the supply chain hanging in the balance/now dependent on a government bail-out. Unequivocally Brexit related (BBC).
It’s actually Conservative incompetence.

Ironic that this seems to be caused by govt failing to deliver brexit rather than brexit. The main issue seems to be British Steel having to pay some ridiculous amount of money to the EU related to carbon in order to avoid some massive EU fine due to the UK still being in the EU. It’s in the article you linked.

Where does this money go?

Corbyn has just stated Labour will not be reanimating May’s three-time dead unicorn.
The 1922 Committee will be round with the tumbrels before Friday. Boris has the axe sharpened, Francois and Bridgen are in a state of arousal. I’m sure there’ll be room for the “fanatical remainer Chancellor” as Francois called Hammond today.

As this whole thing lumbers on, my greatest fear isn't that Brexit will happen, or that Brexit won't happen, it's that Parlimentary politics will emerge with such reputational damage that "other ways" will become normalised.

She’s just trying to cling on to her job- returning with the same rubbish she’s had thrown back at her god knows how many times now. Burning more valuable time before Halloween arrives and we are out by default. How soon do you think it’ll be before the Party morticians arrive?

As this whole thing lumbers on, my greatest fear isn't that Brexit will happen, or that Brexit won't happen, it's that Parlimentary politics will emerge with such reputational damage that "other ways" will become normalised.

My biggest fear is both - that hard brexit will occur, and that the UK government will be in such disarray, stuffed with incompetent fanatics, that investors and industry will bail from the UK, leading to the spectacular collapse of a major industrialized nation.

The arse is falling out of the pound again. Benidorm is going to a bit dearer this year but mustn’t grumble- steel exports are going to be more competitive.

The arse is falling out of the pound again. Benidorm is going to a bit dearer this year but mustn’t grumble- steel exports are going to be more competitive.

Interestingly it’s pretty much exactly what it was this time last year, clever arse here :p

52E283FA-C645-4666-A67E-62C24ED4476D_zpsr99d9afd.png

Of course it is - with "no deal" now the most likely outcome in the time remaining. That assumes our elected representatives behave like there's nothing unusual and take their summer break and party conferences over sorting this s**t out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back