advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+16)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EU has done plenty in this country - Wales - for impoverished areas. Village halls, external insulation schemes for entire villages, money for infrastructure, money for training, start ups, etc.
Rather more than central government ever have. Or labour have ever fought for.

And isn't roundup banned? By the EU? Against Uk lobbying?

Crumbs from the table. I understand that the EU license for glyphosate was renewed for a further 5 years back in 2017

You can just imagine the impression made by the hectoring tone of this preposterous old goat holding no cards. He would immediately have me wanting to send him off, Toblerone duly inserted. They have been amazingly tolerant of the succession of buffoons who darken their doors and waste their time in pursuit of totally incompatible objectives. The 'Back Stop" was a UK proposal FFS.

Perhaps the UK government feels that it needs to counterbalance that other preposterous (and artful) old goat, Juncker.

On the matter of incompatible objectives, I think the UK populace has, on the whole, a certain difficulty with the objective of Europa. Herein lies the ultimate incompatible objective.

The 2019 Fruit & Veg Riots. That is my guess as to what history will call them.

Plus once the fruit and veg shelves empty, the panic buying will spread to the freezer department. Then the tinned goods. Then the fights start in the aisles. Then the army are called in when the police say they are overwhelmed.

So things could escalate within a few weeks.

"Jay Rayner‏Verified account @jayrayner1
Source within one of big 4 supermarkets: if a no deal Brexit, they are sorted for meat, liquid milk and most tinned goods/ pasta etc. BUT... screwed when it comes to fresh fruit/vegetables/butter/cream. Have only 2 days stock in hand. Any panic buying: empty shelves in hours.
8:00 AM - 7 Mar 2019"

I went into Tesco last night and bought tea from Sri Lanka, coffee from Columbia, milk, butter, spinach & spuds that came from the UK, beans from Africa, mushrooms from S.Korea and asparagus and avocado (look at me!) from Mexico. This wasn't intentional, I checked the packs when I got home. I don't think anything came from the EU except my wine, and I'm stockpiled on that!

Do you think I'll earn Air Miles on that lot?

Like the EU has done anything for the impoverished in this country,
yes, it has indeed.

i
it's also completely in the pocket of big business on the environment e.g monsanto and weedkiller in foods, VW emissions testing...
no it's not, vw was a conspiracy to defraud, there was no collusion with the regulator body. There are no detected traces of glyphosate in foods, I know because I see the monitoring results, it would in any case be illegal, according to a law written by, oh yes, the eu, and the eu has done PLENTY to reduce levels of other residues in food. Again, I see the results. I also have to keep up with the regs.

yes, it has indeed.

i
no it's not, vw was a conspiracy to defraud, there was no collusion with the regulator body. There are no detected traces of glyphosate in foods, I know because I see the monitoring results, it would in any case be illegal, according to a law written by, oh yes, the eu, and the eu has done PLENTY to reduce levels of other residues in food. Again, I see the results. I also have to keep up with the regs.

They've been caught red handed colluding by copy and pasting from the manufacturers own material into the scientific case...

Once we are freed from the EU straight jacket we will be able to raise consumer and environmental standards, workplace protection and incomes. Mrs.May promised it at her Grimsby peroration today, to strangely muted applause from the factory workers present.

Once we are freed from the EU straight jacket we will be able to raise consumer and environmental standards, workplace protection and incomes. Mrs.May promised it at her Grimsby peroration today, to strangely muted applause from the factory workers present.
But not in any way to be seen as a promise or commitment to actually do this, like some figure painted on the side of a bus.

This is what Corbyn and co should have been campaigning around for the last two years - the vision of what the detail looks like with a remain or a non-Tory Brexit. Instead they've been playing the Westminster game and (stupidly) trying to appease their right wing, to they extent that they have lost all the momentum from the terrific GE campaign, and are being battered over Israel.

This is what Corbyn and co should have been campaigning around for the last two years - opposing brexit with a reasoned campaign highlighting the waste, futility and stupidity of it, and calling out lies as they arose with truth and data. Instead they've been playing the Westminster game and (stupidly) trying to appease their right wing, to they extent that they have lost all the momentum from the terrific GE campaign, and are being battered over Israel.
FIFY
Even labours unicorn brexit is much shitter than no brexit at all, and they should grow the balls to say so.

Perhaps the UK government feels that it needs to counterbalance that other preposterous (and artful) old goat, Juncker.

On the matter of incompatible objectives, I think the UK populace has, on the whole, a certain difficulty with the objective of Europa. Herein lies the ultimate incompatible objective.

I went into Tesco last night and bought tea from Sri Lanka, coffee from Columbia, milk, butter, spinach & spuds that came from the UK, beans from Africa, mushrooms from S.Korea and asparagus and avocado (look at me!) from Mexico. This wasn't intentional, I checked the packs when I got home. I don't think anything came from the EU except my wine, and I'm stockpiled on that!

Do you think I'll earn Air Miles on that lot?

The milk, butter and potatoes came from the EU ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back