advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+15)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the key bit in that article is this:

"The dynamic of the relationship between the EU and the remain campaign has been shifting for a while, and changed decisively once the Withdrawal Agreement was completed. From then on, for the EU polity, Brexit was a done deal. Remainers may be pro-EU, but the EU is no longer pro-remain. I don’t mean, of course, that there are not plenty of individuals, including politicians, in the EU who still hope that Brexit might be reversed. But the institutional logic has now shifted, and Tusk’s remarks are a reflection of this."

Well spotted by Chris Grey. This is a widespread perception in many EU countries, not just in Brussels.

I'm not surprised. They will be fed up to the back teeth of the sheer incompetence, f**kwittery and hostile posturing of the Story Party 'negotiators'. I am truly horrified and ashamed at how the UK is being portrayed on the world stage by these dangerous idiots.

At last someone has had something approaching a sensible idea and a glimmer of hope for a way out of this mess.

Theresa May could win parliament’s approval for her controversial Brexit deal in return for guaranteeing another referendum, under a new plan being drawn up by a cross-party group of MPs. The new vote would give the British people a simple choice: to confirm the decision or stay in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-deal-then-hold-peoples-vote-backbencher-plan

I see the Mail on Sunday is about to give us a reminder of the number of ways in which Le Corbeau is an extraordinarily dangerous human being. They must sense he has reached the ‘let’s not do Brexit’ branch on his decision tree.

P.S. I live in the unpopular side of burgundy, on a small property. I'll probably hold a bbq with friends from the village, so, if anyone wants to eat local fare, camp/bring a caravan/sleep on the floor and join the commiseration party I'll be holding, please give me a hoy.

Where is the unpopular side of Burgundy? East/flat?

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Blimey...!

Chill. According to the article, we're making good progress with Chile and the Faroe Islands.

Whale meat poached in merlot.

Sir John Major being incredibly sensible in the Times again today.

Mmmm. If it weren't for John Major...

This is a good read, we've had it good for so long and taken it for granted.

"The British stiff upper lip cannot explain the absence of fear: if it ever existed, it wilted long ago. Rather, the deep complacency of British and in particular English life, which sleeps soundly beneath all the noise of the news cycle, still makes the average citizen believe it can’t happen here. The only major European country to escape both communism and fascism, or occupation by the armies of Hitler or Stalin, has an ingrained bias against taking the possibility of disaster seriously. We’ve always managed before, previous alarms have turned out to be false, are the default responses of a country that has yet to learn that the past does not always determine the future."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...reparing-for-brexit-by-keeping-us-in-the-dark

I see that Rees-Mogg has said that the Irish company behind Seaborne had pulled out because of ‘political pressure’.

This will be post-Brexit Britain. Blame someone else.

Stephen

Correct.

Mogg has assured up that crashing out and going to WTO terms will be great. And the ferries were just more project fear. But yet he blames Ireland for something that, according to him, wasn't needed.

Blaming Ireland is a pattern with Mogg. https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/status/1080837722208636929

At last someone has had something approaching a sensible idea and a glimmer of hope for a way out of this mess.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-deal-then-hold-peoples-vote-backbencher-plan
The scene at CCHQ

May: "WTAF. We've got to do something guys. Anything. Brainstorm. Go."
Grayling: "Tell them they're having a nightmare, and if they vote for the deal they'll wake up?"
May: "Grayling you c___."
Barclay: "How about we tell them they can vote for the deal, because we won't actually go ahead with it?"
May: "FFS you're worse than ---"
Barclay: "Wait! Obviously no-one's going to buy that coming from us, but what if we get some remainers to suggest it?"
May: "Oh ____ it, what have we got to lose. Barwell, get Soubry on the blower. And I'll need a list of the biggest idiots in all the opposition parties. I mean, the real f___ing rubes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back