advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+14)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole of the UK should be held in contempt at this point, another ref, another GE, "non existent tweaks" to this dead deal, Forcing a decision to remain (May's deal) should there be a ref (very democratic), we are heading for no deal or no Brexit folks, forget the circus, forget the trickery, ignore the surrounding media fascination, either outcome will be decisive on a social level, I would offer that ending Brexit will have more far reaching consequences then any other outcome put forward, ending a democratic vote is a slippery slope, bringing further divide, most probably unrest on a scale yet to be witnessed in this country, careful what you wish for.

one thing is certain. if that ever were to become the case, brexiteers, hard-right idiots, ukippers, string-vests et al would not have to look hard to find vindication and justification of their actions, following on from the recent utterings of grayling, gove and may etc; giving voice, publicity and a tacit understanding to what would effectively amount to civil unrest and violence.

one thing is certain. if that ever were to become the case, brexiteers, hard-right idiots, ukippers, string-vests et al would not have to look hard to find vindication and justification of their actions, following on from the recent utterings of grayling, gove and may etc; giving voice, publicity and a tacit understanding to what would effectively amount to civil unrest and violence.
Whatever the reasoning, does not take away what could follow cancelling a democratic vote of such importance, especially if carried out by offering a ref with remain only on the paper in an attempt to distance government from the outcome. May's deal vs remain is not democratic or sensible IMO.

I’d invite you to post the evidence regarding the ‘objective to get you slung off the forum ’ bit and accusations of ‘dyed in the wool racism’. These are not inconsequential claims youre making EV. Would it help if I said that what Im hearing in your posts is windy ethnic nationalism redolent of the 1950s? Certainly not racism.
Lol ...you have described me as gammon, white van man, and lots of other words and descriptions in the past that start to paint a picture of me in your head that you think I am racist.

I won't be trawling through the threads to find them either.

Whatever the reasoning, does not take away what could follow cancelling a democratic vote of such importance, especially if carried out by offering a ref with remain only on the paper.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn’t have another referendum because some people might resort to violence? Because if you are, it suggests that the best way for people who do want another ref to get it is to threaten violence if they don’t.

Whatever the reasoning, does not take away what could follow cancelling a democratic vote of such importance, especially if carried out by offering a ref with remain only on the paper in an attempt to distance government from the outcome. May's deal vs remain is not democratic or sensible IMO.

a *responsible* government would nevertheless not be making or countenancing such pronouncements. but their reasons for doing so are clear. and sinister.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn’t have another referendum because some people might resort to violence? Because if you are, it suggests that the best way for people who do want another ref to get it is to threaten violence if they don’t.
The long term effects of a faux ref could be long standing, the immediate unrest will be of no significance but once we start fixing referendums to suit, this can only lead to a bleak future, it's a dark path to take & why Corbyn, against his better wishes I imagine has the integrity to stand by the result, you have to remember, the last election, & the 2 prior were won by illicit means, they were upheld against the wishes of many & all 3 outcomes have proved very costly for many in this country, life changing.

The long term effects of a faux ref could be long standing, the immediate unrest will be of no significance but once we start fixing referendums to suit, this can only lead to a bleak future, it's a dark path to take & why Corbyn, against his better wishes I imagine has the integrity to stand by the result, you have to remember, the last election, & the 2 prior were won by illicit means, they were upheld against the wishes of many & all 3 outcomes have proved very costly for many in this country, life changing.

Doesn’t answer my question. Do you think threats of violence should rule out another referendum? Because that really would be a bleak future.

How were the last three elections won by illicit means?

Lol ...you have described me as gammon, white van man, and lots of other words and descriptions in the past that start to paint a picture of me in your head that you think I am racist.

I was also disappointed by this. From your contributions to pfm you appear to be much more special then t'Dec has given you credit for.

Voting Leave whilst taking advantage of the benefits of U.K. E.U. membership for your family and business is classic gammon.

Corbyn has now banned his MPs from entering in to discussions about Brexit. Presumably they can still discuss it with the media and their constituents, just not the government. That's a help. I get the feeling he wasn't much good at noughts and crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back