advertisement

Official President Biden Thread

What bunch of right-wing nutjobs does that flag belong too?

WWII Nazi Germany.

It is Odal a proto-germanic / ancient scandinavian rune.
Meaning has been attributed to Family / Kinship, Heritage among others.
Just something else co-opted by the Nazi's like the swastika, but this one does not have the same level of exposure and negative connotations. It was actually used as a protective rune spell on the tv show Shadowhunters according to SWMBO.

Edit - Sniped by @DonQuixote99

An excerpt from Heather Cox Richardson't latest letter - I found the bits in bold especially amazing:

In Washington, D.C., FBI Director Christopher A. Wray testified for nearly four hours today before the Senate Judiciary Committee about the January 6 insurrection. Questioning him were Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Josh Hawley (R-MO), both of whom endorsed the Big Lie that motivated the insurrectionists: that Biden was not legitimately elected.

Wray divided the rioters into three groups: some who showed up to protest and did so lawfully if loudly; protesters who got caught up in the moment and committed minor, non-violent offenses; and a group in paramilitary gear who had planned ahead of time to do whatever it took to stop the counting of the certified electoral ballots for Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

He said that white supremacists and other domestic terrorists are the “top threat” facing America today. The FBI now lists white supremacist organizations next to ISIS in its top priority level of threat. Wray noted that the FBI is currently tracking about 2000 cases of domestic terrorism, up from about 850 two years ago.

Under pressure from Republicans to shore up their theories that the insurrectionists were not Trump supporters, but rather were undercover leftists, Wray shot those theories down. Pressed by Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Wray declined to place “Antifa” in the same category of threat as domestic terrorists. Under pressure from Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI), Wray rejected the idea that the January 6 insurrection was precipitated by people pretending to be Trump supporters.

According to the FBI director, domestic terrorism “has been metastasizing around the country for a long time now, and it’s not going away anytime soon.”

These people aren't stupid. Moreover they are supposedly "Christian", which does sort-of imply a devotion to the truth. So are these people totally deluded, or merely so completely consumed by ambition that they will say anything to further that ambition? Or do they really believe that Donald is the Messiah and that, to bring about the Kingdom of this particular God on earth, any means is justified?
777.jpg

Seen my calf anywhere?

These people aren't stupid. Moreover they are supposedly "Christian", which does sort-of imply a devotion to the truth.

I don't see that identifying as Christian implies any kind of devotion to truth. Quite the opposite, in fact - it implies devotion to belief, which is holding something to be true in the absence of evidence.

Theological points aside, some of these people may be stupid, some may be brainwashed, some may have been swept up by peer pressure and excitement but few, I feel, have ever studied or understood the teachings of Jesus. They are Christian by identification only.

I don't see that identifying as Christian implies any kind of devotion to truth. Quite the opposite, in fact - it implies devotion to belief, which is holding something to be true in the absence of evidence.

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

(Gal.5. 19-22)

Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death
(Rev.21, 7-8)

Some of those "Christians" may need to do some fast talking, when the time comes...

What bunch of right-wing nutjobs does that flag belong too?
I think it is a symbol used by the nazis and now adopted by neo-nazis trying to avoid the swastika. Neo-nazis use all sorts of bullshit "codes" to avoid revealing their true nature - referring to "88" instead of "HH" for "Heil Hitler" is another. Not sure what it's relevance is here though.

So if six house Democrats withhold their vote for the Covid relief package unless the $15 minimum wage is included in it then it seems unlikely any Republicans would provide the votes needed. So yet another (very rare) chance for the 'Justice' Democrats to use their leverage to force through yet another progressive policy they were elected to fight for.

Again, none are willing to do it!

Just saw a piece on the BBC news at 1 that Biden will also not follow through on making Saudi Arabia a “pariah state” now he sees the financials.

Just saw a piece on the BBC news at 1 that Biden will also not follow through on making Saudi Arabia a “pariah state” now he sees the financials.

In what way is Saudi Arabia a pariah state any more than the USA is ?

It was a pledge made by Biden in his electioneering which he now seems reluctant to do. I make no comment either way in whether the events with that Journalist was or was not state sanctioned but Biden did.

Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death
(Rev.21, 7-8)

The whole post is very on point, but I particularly want to highlight the "and all liars" part.

So the Covid relief bill passed the Senate without the $15 minimum wage in it, and not one of AOC and The Squad withheld their votes. On the contrary, they all voted for it.

They could have held firm and withheld their votes until the minimum wage was included in it. This is what they were supposed to do, and what AOC has often said she would do, but no, they bent the knee to power again, betraying those who voted for them.

I'm sure they'll be invited to more parties now.

Maybe later on the $15.00 wage. Every Democrat in the Senate had the power to scuttle that legislation, but it just took one willing to do it to force this BS. Better this way I think than no bill. A bit more blatant that the usual legislative horse trading, but basically, it's how it works.

With a divided legislature, it's this sort of thing, or nothing gets passed ever.

So Don, all it took for the current regime to drop the minimum wage, a campaign pledge that, if implemented would lift millions out of working poverty, was for Joe Manchin to say no...

That's your wonderful Democratic Party, fighting for the people!

The criminals running the party are just as in hoc to their masters as the Republicans. They could have forced it into law. Biden could sign an executive order. But...

Putin:D

So Don, all it took for the current regime to drop the minimum wage, a campaign pledge that, if implemented would lift millions out of working poverty, was for Joe Manchin to say no...

That's your wonderful Democratic Party, fighting for the people!

The criminals running the party are just as in hoc to their masters as the Republicans. They could have forced it into law. Biden could sign an executive order. But...

Putin:D
Just ignore the circumstance of a 50-50 Senate....

advertisement

Back