advertisement

Nottingham Analogue Dais

I am temporarily using my 22 years old Dynavector XX2 Mk1 (will buy a brand new Lyra KLEOS SL soon).

It's connected to an Octave Phono module with 2 MC inputs (one is a Step-Up Transformer ideal for 1-30 Ohms loads, and the other a regular transistors MC input configured for 100 Ohms).
The Step-Up Transformer input is the best sounding input, with a more natural and musical sound,
but it will be more suited for the upcoming Lyra KLEOS SL (with 2,8 Ohms internal impedance).

Anyway the Dais with the old XX2 Mk1 kicked to death my LP12 (Lingo 4, Kore, Karousel, Naim Aro, Linn Krystal MC with only 2 years old, Nordost Frey 2 Arm interconnect cable, trampolin, Alto-Extremo very expensive magnetic feets).

The LP12 seems a cheaper sounding HIFI compared to the bigger and more musical sound of the Dais, there's just no comparison between the 2,
it seems like if the Dais costs the double of the price of the LP12 but in reality they cost more or less the same.

Dais it's my lifetime last turntable for sure!

Mine Octave Phono Module has variable XLR outputs and is connect directly to a pair of Active ATC 20 monitors with Chord Signature Tuned ARAY interconnect cables.

After the Lyra KLEOS SL MC cartridge the only thing that I want to upgrade is the ATC Active 20's to a pair of ATC Active 50's and after that I am done!

Be happy because Life is very short (specialy if you have a Dais to listen to all the newly remastered records that I sudenly have)

The Dais is a great TT, should've kept mine, but happy enough with a heavy kit 294 which is quite similar sounding with the 12" arms I'm using.

but it will be more suited for the upcoming Lyra KLEOS SL (with 2,8 Ohms internal impedance).
I know of and have heard the Kleos and along with much of the range it has >4 ohms internal; (can't be bothered to look it up but my Helikon and Clavis DC were along those lines; (Koetsus have 5 ohms). I've become a firm believer in low internal impedance after getting my Transfig. Proteus (1 ohm !) as although that does impact upon output, it benefits transparency and dynamics, which was why the iOs were so popular (0.5 ohms).

Didn't know about the SL, but you've obv. done your homework and anyway, Lyra and Ace Anna (esp. 12"?) are a marriage made in you know where.

The Lyra Etna Lambda SL has 1.5 Ohms internal impedance but it's 9.000 € (I would prefer this one, but it's very expensive),
I will go for the mid range Kleos SL with 2.7 Ohms internal impedance for 3.730 €.

extremely musical!

Specially the non audiophile records are mutch better compared with the LP12, and the audiophile records are also better of course.
All the records play extremely well almost like live music.

The Dais it's a treat!

The Dais it's a treat!
Have you had a cover made for it? Worthwhile as it really collects dust and isn't the easiest t/t to clean Doubt you can buy one off the shelf; I had mine made locally for around £70 (a few years ago) from 5mm perspex to my own design.

Here I am fine tuning the VTA and cartridge weight on my Dais, and the sound keeps improving and improving...

It's ridiculous what brand marketing and rave magazine reviews can do for turntables like the ones from Linn and Rega,
while there's also the British Nottingham Analogue Studio turntables available like the Space 294, Hyperspace or Dais just to mention a few and they all play better and at a mutch lower price, and nobody talks about this...

Forget the Rega's and forget the Linn LP12 upgrades, just buy one Dais with Ace Anna 12" and you're done for the rest of your life!

My Dais with the Ace Anna 12" and my 22 years old Dynavector XX2 Mk1 kicks the butt of any Rega or Linn so badly that just makes me laught (and Cry for all the money I spent upgrading my LP12).

The Dais is a Treat!

Really pleased you’re enjoying the NA Jorge but I would temper the new owners goggles a bit. I’ve happily owned NA and SME and I’m as pleased with my Rega as I was with them or anything else, I wouldn’t go back to a Linn mind (I had two). There are some fine turntables out there and I know Gyro/Orbe, Brinkmann, Technics, Voyd and many other owners would write about how they found their sweet spot and wouldn’t look at brand x,y or z.

Genuinely though, enjoy! When we find what we like we keep playing our collection and re-discovering it all over again.

I've been selling Nottingham Analogue turntables since the late 70s and they have always been popular. Unfortunately, since Tom passed away there has been almost no talk about their great products so it's nice to see someone rave about them.

Nottingham Analogue's market is export and they don't put any effort into marketing here, which is sad.

20231220-113716.jpg

advertisement

Back