advertisement

New System Needs Speaker Stands - What do you suggest?

After all my indecisions about selling/not selling I got the itch and P/X everything! (except the ATV which will be replaced in the new year) I wanted/need a more portable system,
one which I can lift into a car by myself and be off, which is something that couldn’t be done with my previous speakers. SO I’ve bought this:

TouchG3.jpg
NewMini.jpg

LavryDA11.jpg
Deltablack.jpg

Question, I need stands for the above but can’t find anything decent, well engineered and finished that will fit, other than some ubber German stands (the ones in the picture
to be exact) which cost a small fortune £500-600 to be exact. Does anyone know where I could get something similar or have some made?

I think these are quite nice:

solidsteel_ss5v.jpg

(solidsteel SS 5, also available in black)

I have a solidsteel rack and the build quality is very good.

Unfortunately the speakers stands are not cheap, 600EUR for the pair, however relative to the cost of your speakers, I think it should still be in line. Other than that, I would seriously investigate something custom made.

Good luck!

Samuel.

I would track down a local fabrication company and chat to the guys in the overalls. If you are upfront and flexible about what you'll accept this is the sort of thing that they can knock up in a teabreak from offcuts. You can do your own sand filling as required, and wheel the results into a powder coater. Budget £40-50 for a spray and you have something that looks a million dollars.

The stands i mention are from: http://www.edles-in-edelstahl.de/ they look to be simple tubes and plates lazer cut then PPC to a very high quality finish.

Issue is the vertical tubes are only 90mm or max 101mm (at cost) which from the front look a little skinny. They're very well made and finished, and they can do custom stands but If i could find a company in the UK it would make things a lot easier.

I do know a very good fabricator but the steel sections they get don't have the finish quality of the tubes and box sections used in furniture.

Barry, if only they made them in different sizes. Top plate needs to be 250x300mm, base plate needs to be 350x350mm, Height 500mm

Have a word with Something Solid, their XF range is custom built to order, lightweight and is an excellent performer I have them under my Audionote J's and Tony used to have them under his Harbeths.

So how are the new speakers, better, worse, sideways move?

Will let you know when the new rooms setup in a few weeks time!! personally i think they're a step forward as I am a standmount fan. The 50's are more life floorstanders, i think the Delta's image better being standmounts.

advertisement

Back