advertisement

New Radiohead album out later this month

Play it. It's a bloody record, that's what it's for

Steady on bob!

If it was just a record, why all these ludicrous bits and pieces that I won't know where to put. It strikes me as a piss-take on collectors. Unless the acid tabs are live then it's all useless stuff, and with such a short album 2 x 10" is hardly necessary. Plus the cd is superfluous when you've got the WAV. Its a kind of parody of the current state of media; where hard formats are at a point of decadence and demise, yet at the same time proliferating in a last gasp for life. And the only thing worthwhile is the vinyl.

So the question it comes down to is; are the 10"'s really worth opening the thing for, or should I just get the 12" vinyl and get rid of this silly joke that has been played on us, the fetishistic collectors?

and in 3 decades the number of unopened copies will be about 10 less than the total number originally sold. ;)

Maybe not. Wasn't the outer packaging designed to degrade via oxidation or something? This could (as has been suggested above) another p**take of the collector mentality.

The deed is done... I just had to snip it.

Fantastic pieces of vinyl, and so far on this listen it really is a good album, if completely different to 'In Rainbows'. In this format the textured and multi-layred rhythms are superb, and the bass is prodigious, especially when played at 33rpm by mistake.

advertisement

Back