advertisement

New Radiohead album out later this month

yes it is 45rpm and the records are about 10 inches across. A bit weird. You get eight tracks with two tracks per side so no extra tracks.

they sound great on my record player. I take that back. The records sound superb to my cloth ears.

Mine arrived too, I can't decide whether to open it or revert to geek form and keep it as a collectable. I have after all got the .wav download, from which I made a CD and some MP3s for my iPod. I shall await views on sound quality etc.

Tony.

Keep it sealed and by the regular album for £15 or so. Check out the prices on eBay for the 12" special release. Frightening!

Speaking of which, who did that really benefit? Shop with overheads make a few quid on each copy, punters then go and sell them for many, many times the shop price. You couldn't blame the shop owners for keeping a few copies back for themselves and making a few extra quid via the same route as the punters selling them straight on.

Keep it sealed and by the regular album for £15 or so. Check out the prices on eBay for the 12" special release. Frightening!

Speaking of which, who did that really benefit? Shop with overheads make a few quid on each copy, punters then go and sell them for many, many times the shop price. You couldn't blame the shop owners for keeping a few copies back for themselves and making a few extra quid via the same route as the punters selling them straight on.

Somebody posted on SteveHoffman.tv a couple of days ago that the RSD 12" is getting a regular US release....

Just delivered via DHL@Home 24. No arguing with the name of the service! Strange packaging and like Tony L, i'm now considering whether to open it or keep it as a collectable. ;-)

Mine just arrived. I mentioned leaving it sealed but my wife immediately accused me of being 'collector scum'. Records are for playing.

Mine hasn't been shipped. I shall however be incinerating it and returning it's ashes to Radiohead!

I have had enough of their shenanigans and will from now on download their music from illegal torrent sites and then refuse to listen to it.

2 x 10" clear vinyl records in a slip sleeve. CD in card slipcase. A newspaper and what looks like a sheet of blotter acid. Decidedly half-arsed compared to the In Rainbows box. Assuming it isn't really blotter acid of course.

I wonder what's the idea behind calling it the 'newspaper' edition? Are they saying, like newspapers, physical media is old news/had it's day. Is this 'half-arsed' effort a statement to those who still like the idea of physical media?

Mine hasn't been shipped. I shall however be incinerating it and returning it's ashes to Radiohead!

I have had enough of their shenanigans and will from now on download their music from illegal torrent sites and then refuse to listen to it.
:)

Having received it today, I'm not totally enamoured by the package.

I think I get the idea. Every month a copy of The Wire drops through my letterbox in a similar package. Often it includes a CD. There's links to online content. Something to read, some pretty pics, some new music. It's part of my routine. I think KoL is intended to be a similar kind of dispatch. Problem is, it has too much hype surrounding it - a newspaper/magazine is an everyday thing rather than an 'event'. Although I like Rack Kit's deliberate anachronism theory too.

perhaps everyone already knows this

but when i went back into my online account today.. there was another free download for the new stuff radiohead are doing (supercollider / butcher) which i was also able to download in WAV format

Mine arrived today, unfortunately there is damage to the record outer cover, but strangely no damage to the plastic bag outer or news paper. Most importanly the vinyl is perfect and is very quite. This damage could only have occurred before the inners/vinyl were inserted and the outer packaging sealed........very odd..........or is mine a special special edition;)

Just got the email that mine has shipped. Not sure about that clear vinyl though, unless its the stuff that classic records use for their 45rpm re-issues, so it sounds good does it?

advertisement

Back