advertisement

New Radiohead album out later this month

Anything interesting about the included CD, e.g. any extra tracks? Is there a limited edition number anywhere inside the package?

Tony.

(who's not opened his)

Tony, no extra tracks on CD (I assume you have the extra downloads issued last week?) the news paper is, well a newspaper with strange images (sorry ...artwork) on most pages. Some lyrics (I think). I still a bit pissed off that the record sleeve is damaged, took the shine of it for me. The square perforated card board thingy was a mystery untill someone said it was like acid tabs or something........i've lived a sheltered life.

....go on open it...you know you want to!

Nitrous

....go on open it...you know you want to!

I don't think I do to be honest. The CD I made from the wav download files sounds fine and I've done the same for the two files from the Record Shop Day 12" - I'm happy to view it as an investment. Don't need to change the CD every two tracks either! There's an interesting review of the packaging here on Creative Review.

I'm actually very impressed with the way Radiohead have done all this, they've made the release of an album into a real event what with the fancy Ltd Ed, the Universal Sigh paper etc, the staggered release dates etc. Good on 'em.

Tony.

PS I'd complain if your cover is damaged, I'm sure they'll replace it.

, they've made the release of an album into a real event what with the fancy Ltd Ed, the Universal Sigh paper etc, the staggered release dates etc. Good on 'em.

Tony.

PS I'd complain if your cover is damaged, I'm sure they'll replace it.

Good point, they are to be appluaded, but as someone who likes to experience the vinyl format it is a bit awkward to store. There is a cranberries album that has the disc wrapped in a poster, inside a plastic outer....must just be me but I found it annoying.

Tonight I played all three formats, vinyl, Cd and wav files on USB into nDac.

Vinyl is the best, but strangely ( and I need to do this again) some tracks sound better on the USB than cd but not all of them. Sometimes it was the other way around. Which all goes to show you are going to have to unwrap it to hear the full glory!!!!:D
I will try and get a replacement sleeve, justva bit annoying.

Dunno how this comes to be, but in common with In Rainbows, the wax is more sonically enjoyable than the CD. Colouration probably, but nonetheless.

Something that some of you might find amusing.

'Hitler on The King of Limbs' on Youtube.I found it piss funny and right on the money.:D

i got mine today.. packaging and content a bit rubbish.. but, nice heavy 45rpm vinyl sounds excellent. Kills the digital copy even on a humble system.

Mine just arrived. I mentioned leaving it sealed but my wife immediately accused me of being 'collector scum'. Records are for playing.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I took the 'collector scum' approach and haven't opened 'King of Limbs' yet. I got to know and like the album on WAV.

A few months on I note;

1) its not valuable yet. In fact it reminds me of my shares in Lloyds/HBOS.

2) I still don't want to open it because its full of cack that will spill out everywhere

3) I really want to play it

Dilemma.

I've played the WAV, Brother In Law bought me a normal vinyl version. My 'collectors' edition is still unopened.

Could you do me a favour and open & play yours? That'll be on less unplayed example which should help push up the value of mine. ;)

advertisement

Back