advertisement

New PCB for shoebox size NAC preamp part IV

Sorry to intrude. Bemused. Are your findings suggestiing that a Regbooster is lower in noise measurement than a SuperTeddy Reg?
That's a contrary to intuition. Could elaborate on this? Thanks

No not at all, the STR knocks the 100Hz noise to below what I can measure with my rather crude methodology. I believe the 333KHz noise on the STR output is reflected back from the Traco switching circuits, the STR cant put this right as it occurs after its circuits have done there job.

Thanks Bemused.
So the problem seems to be keep signal and power ground totally unrelated without the noise of a traco? (without a traco?) Best luck

Well it has to be said that there is not a problem with my fish at all, its sublime :)

But one cannot help trying to improve and power supply is usualy a basic building block.
14 STR's would be silly money, we dont have much voltag head room and the STR likes a bit of voltage overhead.

The Traco seems a core part of Jims design that I dont really want to remove, and it may have to come out to get head room for STR's

Also the fish has some vias that look like they had the mind of some vbe / gyrator as a possible tweak.

And I had been trying out some diy board etch so it sort of just fell together and now its starting to unfold and I try to learn along the way.

advertisement

Back