advertisement

New PCB for shoebox size NAC preamp part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Chaps

It lives!!

Here it is in its homemade case, transformer rectifier etc feeding a simple VBE (transistor is under the board) for the starfish and 24V for the relay board at the back (I will do a pcb one day)
6 inputs selected via a 2 pole 6 way switch the other pole feeds the front panel lights.

DSC_0139.jpg

Lid on
DSC_0142.jpg

3/4 shot
DSC_0143.jpg

The cheeks are walnut the knobs I turned from bubinga, the front panel was cut with my router.

I sounds fantastic, and I still have mods to do!

Pete

I love the casework, bloody nice stuff! That display window is a work of art.

Once thing you should certainly do is get that NERT as close as possible to the star 0V point. The regenerated 0V should be snug against the star to avoid any stray L/C/R. I've got mine mounted directly above the star, linked with about 1/2" an inch of wire.

Once thing you should certainly do is get that NERT as close as possible to the star 0V point. The regenerated 0V should be snug against the star to avoid any stray L/C/R. I've got mine mounted directly above the star, linked with about 1/2" an inch of wire.

Carl, how did you mount the NERT there?

Pete, really gorgeous case! I especially love the knobs. How did you affix the knobs to the shafts?

Looks fantastic! Gotta love that case. Naim shoebox - pah!

Looks like a V1.0 build - have you had the V1.1/V1.2 upgrade details? Very worthwhile.

Jim.

Nice case :)

Killer questions, and its probably been answered before... Whats a Nert and whats it do?

(The only stupid people are those that dont ask questions..)

.. Still holding out for BOM 1.3 before I build mine, any idea of an ETA?
A friend who is a fairly serious carpenter should be helping me out with something a bit special for the case/front panel for mine :)

Thanks,
Sam C

Nice case :)

Killer questions, and its probably been answered before... Whats a Nert and whats it do?

(The only stupid people are those that dont ask questions..)

.. Still holding out for BOM 1.3 before I build mine, any idea of an ETA?
A friend who is a fairly serious carpenter should be helping me out with something a bit special for the case/front panel for mine :)

Thanks,
Sam C

Ok, found my answer after a bit of searching:
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48630&highlight=NERT+circuit

Anyone got a circuit diagram to hand?
** EDIT - Found one: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/jiiim_2006/new-regen-sch.jpg

And is the Snert ready/available?

Thanks,
Sam

And is the Snert ready/available?

Thanks,
Sam

I have the Snert board out for quote at the mo.

Details included on the V1.3 BOM (when I get it finished) - so you can point-to-point it / veroboard it / buy the SNERT board as you wish.

Cheers,

Jim.

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Is BOM 1.3 a big change to 1.2, or would it be a fairly straightforward upgrade from 1.2.. If I buy the bits for/build 1.2 now will I be kicking myself when 1.3 is released?

:)

Thanks again for all your work on this Jim.

Sam

Carl, how did you mount the NERT there?

It's directly above the star 0V point - I used leg from one of the 13R NERT output resistors to go directly into the star 0V PCB hole. The stiffness of the resistor leg keeps it in place, and the length of lead from NERT to 0V is about 10mm. The length of the leads to +ve and -ve are just over an inch and go into the "positive power out" and "negative power out" positions.

Hi, Chaps

Thanks, its turned out well I need to tidy up some stuff like the NERT and BOM1.2 etc but after working most nights fro the last couple of weeks I need a rest. The knobs are taped and have grub screws in, you can tap hardwood very well.

Pete

Does any kind soul have enough spare enamelled wire for me to wind the 3 choke's on the starfish?

Or can anybody advise if this is suitable:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160233354368&rvr_id=&mfe=sidebar

Hiya

I had some 0.71mm wire and I found it too thick to get the required number of turns on the cores specified in the BOM.

I have ordered some 0.3mm wire and am happy to post you enough for yours, wont be until next week as I am travelling in Europe this week. PM me if you are interested?

Cheers

Gareth

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back