advertisement

New Naim streamer preamp

One very nasty thing they’ve done is make them pair their electronics with Focal speakers.

It is indeed the most ungodly, unnatural, illogical, asymmetrical and incompatible pairing in the history of modern hifi.
It is no secret that the Naim guys despise having to demo with Focal and vice-versa for the Focal guys. But hey, Cedric Boutonnet knows better than his CUSTOMERS.

It is indeed the most ungodly, unnatural, illogical, asymmetrical and incompatible pairing in the history of modern hifi.
It is no secret that the Naim guys despise having to demo with Focal and vice-versa for the Focal guys. But hey, Cedric Boutonnet knows better than his CUSTOMERS.
what do you have at home mate?

Naim does have a history of getting products right and mostly they go on to be successful. I see no reason why Naim won't get it right this time. And despite what some here rant on and on about, they seem to have done fairly well over the last decade too, with the success of the Statement, Muso and Uniti ranges.

Naim does have a history of getting products right and mostly they go on to be successful. I see no reason why Naim won't get it right this time. And despite what some here rant on and on about, they seem to have done fairly well over the last decade too, with the success of the Statement, Muso and Uniti ranges.

Quite, as a quick glance at Companies House will tell you, but that doesn't stop the usual suspects from declaring otherwise.

Looks horrid, like most modern tat. Screen is like releasing a Nokia 3210 in the age of an iPhone 14, although I'm sure it'll appeal to some.

HH: they actually banned you from the forum? If so, that's absolutely ridiculous.
No, they didn’t, and it would indeed have been ridiculous. It was their head of comms who took umbrage at me expressing my dislike of Focal speakers, as though opinions were ok, so long as they were positive. I can see their point, as it’s a manufacturer run Forum and there was name slagging off the speakers. Maybe I was simply too blunt, but it was very much like being told off by teacher.

No, they didn’t, and it would indeed have been ridiculous. It was their head of comms who took umbrage at me expressing my dislike of Focal speakers, as though opinions were ok, so long as they were positive. I can see their point, as it’s a manufacturer run Forum and there was name slagging off the speakers. Maybe I was simply too blunt, but it was very much like being told off by teacher.

Doesn't everyone dislike Focal speakers? ;):cool:

advertisement

Back