advertisement

New mono blocks from Teddy

It was just a reference to the mid-range lift which is part of the Naim 'sound'. A bit artificial, but done well; and now an integral part of the Naim package - one I enjoyed.

Nice advertorial

...yes, yes, another 'cheaper but better' item off the internet; only to post what a great purchase they made: These must be the same people who own a no risk scheme from Nigeria - surely - and shop at Aldi, obviously... (to complete the cliché)

I 'stumbled' over the TeddySC as a means to complete a second system and it also seemed like it would be fun to test the claims against my Naim SC running on my main system: It's a very good piece of kit; so much so I ordered the TMBs. Worse case I can return them for full refund - so what's the risk.

The TMB are very good, but as I point out, the jump to the more mature side of music may be too much for people still working their way through the entry level Naim systems: I wouldn't have appreciated what I was hearing back in my early Naim days...

I would imagine the answer is "Yes", but is one likely to get hit with import duty when shipping these to the UK? Could add another £160 or so to the total, which I'd rather avoid.

Actually the answer is "No". Thanks to agreements between Israel and the European Community, the USA, and many other countries, there are no import duties for products made in Israel. Only VAT, same as you pay for products made in the UK.

OK, more news:

Due to builders being in I have my DAC202 and TMBs on - firm - furniture, rather than a dedicated stand; they sounded good, so didn't think much about it.

Today, I finally managed to get the equipment on a suitable rack and test things further.

I think I am going to have to amend my previous comments: The music has taken on a real authoritative turn - now I'm not sure whether it was the DAC or TMBs that benefited the most, but there is a real step up in dynamics.

Before, I was amazed by the 'maturity' of the TMBs and questioned whether a younger audience would appreciate the delicacy/detail of the sound. But now they have taken on a much, much, more aurthoritive stand - sure to satisfy even the hardest of rockers.

Really looking forward to reworking the music collection now the system is bedded in and on appropriate supports...

OK, more news:

Due to builders being in I have my DAC202 and TMBs on - firm - furniture, rather than a dedicated stand; they sounded good, so didn't think much about it.

Today, I finally managed to get the equipment on a suitable rack and test things further.

I think I am going to have to amend my previous comments: The music has taken on a real authoritative turn - now I'm not sure whether it was the DAC or TMBs that benefited the most, but there is a real step up in dynamics.

Before, I was amazed by the 'maturity' of the TMBs and questioned whether a younger audience would appreciate the delicacy/detail of the sound. But now they have taken on a much, much, more aurthoritive stand - sure to satisfy even the hardest of rockers.

Really looking forward to reworking the music collection now the system is bedded in and on appropriate supports...

Oh crap , I hate posts like this.. (-;

I'm a big fan of Teddy's stuff so I guess I will have to give these a listen when the boat come in.

Your description sounds like my experience with the current Bel Canto amps - Do you know if the Teddy amps based on the same B&O ICE modules? Steve

advertisement

Back