advertisement

New mono blocks from Teddy

ariegur

pfm Member
Good news:
Teddy has started to sell his new mono blocks. The DTown site published an extraordinarily good review of the Teddyamp MB 12 (120 watts each) mono blocks.
This is a tough site in criticizing systems and therefore this review is really impressive.
The responses to the review are also great and it's clear that people love Teddy's products and they also love Teddy as a person.

A quote: "Between a variety of products these pair of amplifiers will definitely make a great mark."

The link (maybe you can translate it):
http://www.dtown.co.il/articles/1522.html

Arye

Google translation:

Hebrew to English translation
A pair of mono amplifiers - Test Block TeddyAmp MB12
10/12/10 06:05:00 tiger Levy
Type size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Mono amplifiers-MB12 blocks TeddyAmp mono amplifiers test blocks test TeddyAmp-MB12

Teddy made a pair of amps Purdue blue and white tiger is a test, the internal structure is interesting and original sound quality of squeeze butter, two and three. Worth to read and hear. Review.

Most audio enthusiasts Teddy Pardo met the first exhibition of DIGITOWN HI END 2010, according to the responses during and after the show seems they realized that there is something special.

Until recently, Teddy chose to sell its products through its website EBAY abroad as products complementary to NAIM AUDIO focused on the development of power supplies "alternative" products of the company.

In recent years, increased demand for positive reactions, which led to the decision to expand the selection of products. Over the years, during which he developed power supplies NAIM company products, from Teddy to work on developing an inexpensive amplifier expensive Vmuplmym compete with the global audio market. A few months ago were mono block amplifiers rated products, came after a previous development stereo power amplifier and sold individual customers was officially released.

Now, after the project ended Teddy Pardo decided to officially reveal it - the first amp out of the global market. And, very courageous decision, the configuration of the mono block.

Technique

Although modest in relation Loaspakm measurements, a series of amplifiers the TeddyAmp not based on a Class D amplification ("Digital"). In this case the transistor amps Aanalogym when these amps power concept for Bridged configuration, ie two men working channel opposite phase from each other. Unlike amplification "standard" which the speaker is connected between phase to earth, here the speaker is connected between the phases of the two amps.

These amps use voltage stabilizer (Regulators), developed by Teddy Pardo. By definition, power amplifiers consume high current, this current is transformer coupling makers. Since transformers are never ideal, they have found resistance, as pulling them is more current, voltage and their starting small, resulting in distortions and noises. In terms of sound that can be expressed in high bass sounds vague spirit. To reduce the possible problem most manufacturers use huge transformers and capacitors, well above the power required. Large transformers have a lower resistance parallel to find the dimensions and weight increase amp, it may sometimes also allows the manufacturer to sell the device at a higher price - by weight ...

Mono amplifiers blocks TeddyAmp-MB12

Is stable
TeddyAmp amplifier approach is different, according to the manufacturer's words, the use of high current voltage stabilizer allows the most stable power supply in a stream, very close to an ideal transformer without any internal opposition. In addition, surge protector filters out unwanted noises that come from mains voltage and process alignment. This noise filter has a big impact on the natural and transparent sound.

Teddy says that the unique technique that allows making an amplifier sound quality, exceeding that of men with suppliers several times higher, even-power of tens of watts sane individual.

Entry level of the amplifiers TeddyCap jfet transistor based on a unique configuration. These transistors are similar in their actions and character sound-tube amp sound and contribute to the nature of the "tube" of the amplifier. Entry level is also backed by a voltage stabilizer total SuperTeddyReg contains all eight mono amplifier voltage stabilizers. Like most products of Teddy Pardo main printed circuit board area dedicated voltage stabilizer.
All the printed circuit conductor against the actual functions, accept both coil, which must be taken into account when planning.
According to Teddy's statement, amps are built components which can not be achieved mostly in stores and manufactured to order. Dogs are extremely low leakage current, and high longevity. Internal wiring is done using silver-coated wires. PCB has 4 layers of gold-coated conductors where. Ahkonketeurim the back are a series of company WBT NextGen German. Konketeurim best in the world are usually installed only on the most expensive amplifiers.

External Appearance

This section, less impressed, mostly, I prefer the look of "big man", although in this case, the modest size also brings advantages.

This is a pair of men in "black boxes", low height (9 cm) and narrow (19 cm) deep (35 cm) very modest weight loss of 4 pounds each. When put the two amps - one on the other side, width becomes similar to that of a standard power amplifier (very useful for anyone interested to put them on a single page width of a standard amplifier), black-painted amps in the thesis of a special powder that makes the rough to the touch and less chassis REIT.

Each amplifier includes front panel LED light rough with stating that the amp is on. I commented that I wish Teddy appears on the body of the examinee amp manufacturer's logo that can add to customers' pride of ownership "but conversation revealed that these amps are currently just entering the production line will come when they are decorated with the company logo.

Names of Teddy Pardo products include the engineer's name and classification of the product. For example, this amp is called two-letter TeddyAmp + MB that describe the configuration which is Mono Block + No. 12 describes the watts - 120 watts.

Listening test - mono blocks TeddyAmp-MB12

I open the audit specifically with electronic music. Systematic way I choose on Venetian snares hospitality first strip is considered particularly demanding and difficult. Actually, before I chose the opening section of the test made me quite a few concerns: How will tackle two "cute" these smaller and lighter with a personal speakerphone (he did average Vencilotho but including ceramic seek power units).

Start listening to the voice in my head immediately ask how it happened? Where this weight comes the sound and energy. Great sound, controls, sound strings Ahmsonatzim also weight very low intensities obey every command speaker amp in awe of almost inexplicable. When the work evolves and goes to step rhythmic I find this amp, despite the modest size and weight almost hallucinatory, is exceptionally strong. Is very fast, very clean with a soft and detailed high field accurate and powerful bass. Middle domain shows unusual weight separation.

Note on cleaning: cleanliness of this amp is perhaps one of the main parameters in it. Clean brings many benefits especially with regard to detail, transparency, dynamic micro air between the instruments. Clean often this level also brings a kind of "dry" sound or other sterile. In this case this phenomenon does not occur. The sound emanating amp is also a pleasant evening listening at high volumes.

Natural dynamics
With much less "concerns" I continue with classical music performed by a symphony orchestra. Britten work charming YOUNG PERSON'S GUIDE TO THE OTCHESTRA takes his place on the record player and creativity opens with an entire symphony orchestra.

This section presents an excellent pair of amps dynamic, extraordinary natural distinction is difficult to ignore. What I really like this piece that it is built in such a way that you can see every band together and separately tool. This work is an overwhelming advantage in tests for products and here I find that the strings sound amazing through this amp, you can easily distinguish between the weight of the viola and the airy clarity of the violins, cello brings a proper weight of the bass box easily exposed. Amplifier shows a three dimensional sound, just very flattering and natural fine violins and strings in general. Naked exposed brass can be heard well at the air emanating from the trumpet, trombones with proper weight and good-size are very impressive and a good job here of tonal balance with incredible dynamism.

Harp joins in the third quarter of the work illustrates how big the stage is clear. It is located between two speakers, turning left and sounded great. General, though it is not the stage to find out but that's not common to find a man so cheap and so natural as this. He manages to involve the listener in music, very easy to set it very flattering acoustic instruments.

Live Piano
Continue to listen to, this one works for piano-style jazz from the CD jacques loussier the best of play bach Again, I felt this amp out natural sound and "right", the piano sounds great, with great weight, stage shows me the location and movement of hands pianist in octaves. I feel that it reveals everything gently. Not something violent or analytical. On the contrary, is very alive and pleasant to listen to and yet keeps the tone very detailed warm sound. Stick hair dominates saving sounds great even when the work develops and drummer decides to give emphasis noticeable that the drum hammer blows detailed foot well separated so you can hear the hammer strike and damage the skin along with impressive dynamic drum felt it was completely real feet!

Note the tonal low volume: low volume listening on speakers averages / Propulsion detracts difficult tonal balance. Generally those who hit that is actually lower field takes a lot of energy amplifier. In this case listening to medium or low intensity does not affect high tonal balance of the amp, it covers the whole range of frequencies in all impressively powerful.

Rock faces
Also revealed the rock area - Teddy King Amp MB12 small not he manage to get the "money song" Pink Floyd's an amazing way, the money thrown pot sounds live, you can easily know how many coins were thrown in there. Tight and fast bass, low frequency resolution area quite impressive, very good separation clearer. Soloist's singing sounds well. Voice coming from the center of focus excellent standing height.

Even more difficult rock sections like Dream Theater amp controls revealed the most dynamic. Electric guitars Bdstoarshin high weight, a real presence and power in the band's endless. The feeling is that as more complex music that the amp feels more at home. Very impressive result. I find the amp can deliver the energy of the band in all its strength without "reducing" the poetry at the expense of power. This is a high-power amplifier, dynamic power can play almost easy almost inconceivable, and it hatches than 4 pounds small box.

Note the delicate power: it is gently playing aggressive amplifier, you can call it subtle power. Is particularly strong and aggressive but still gives the power to Neishlt and violence. There is something very special in this submission is very addictive and feels right. More important is the pleasant sound that comes from him, he is not "polite" to cut corners. On the contrary, it reveals also the edges of the sound well.

Waypoints

Relief
This is an important point in this case: along with the amp I got two plates of Orlx relief, I think they both brought it sound less good outcome more wind. I would recommend Mshachchim rigid family {metal, wood, coal or any sedative or hard spike} - with whom he gets a shot of energy, better speed and more orderly stage.

Heat
I have no idea why this amp needs a cooling ribs, he almost never gets hot, you can put it between the shelves and if you ask me even hide it in a drawer. In practice, they are not reaching the temperature you could call it "hot."

Pushing force
This section is not missing anything, have even reserves. The TeddyAmp-MB12 able to move almost every speaker is' sane area "easily. He can go down to 4 ohms during the test even Sidachti to speakers who play at 2 ohms. One of my colleagues did respectable reviews - audio wrote "Ran" is you have the amp speaker goes down to 2 ohm amp played with confidence according to testimony.

Bass, right and high
Difficult to separate their children and talk about each separately. Felt that amazing tonal balance, all spectrum frequencies simultaneously comes to the speaker and the outcome is very correct, balanced and resolution is very impressive. Although I've said that I will say again, this balance are common resolutions like this price area if at all.

Bottom line

Review of these men turned out to be an act of great fun: less pleasant to write about the less positive aspects of products, but when they emerge on the surface, has to reflect this review. In this case, this product is impressive in its appearance, it is not heavy and formidable, but I have no doubt that this is a pair of blocks as we best can be found at this price. They're also the most invested in construction area in terms of quality and their price.

Among the many reviews of products, a pair of amplifiers that will leave a prominent mark perfectly. Frankly, if I had to put a price on each unit independently mono block based on listening and she was going out a lot more expensive.

Tonal balance, natural, quiet stage showing the "Teddy Pardo mono" are just some of the advantages: with time we find that the level of musical details and information it reveals are uncompromising and without going into the category of the cold, analytical tone. It does not matter.

This is the best amplifier that can be found in the price as of today, I can not believe I'd find him a worthy competition soon.

Price: 12,000 ₪ (a pair of amplifiers)

"original sound quality of squeeze butter"

"Venetian snares hospitality"

I love google translation :)

It looks like it is a transistor power amp (two amps parallel inside ?) with jfet input pre and with some kind of "Power Teddy Reg" inside.

At the moment the TeddyAmp is sold only in Israel, I will add it to my web site as soon as it becomes available for export.

I will publish soon a document describing the architecture.

Teddy

advertisement

Back