advertisement

New Linn Tonearm - 'Arko' and MC cartridges

Oh yeah, that is bad. And weird. Linn got finger lifts right a long time ago.

Really?

7.jpg

What's the OC9 XML sound like?

I know Linn put quite a lot of work into new carts trying various options so it might change the character quite a bit but would still be interesting to know

It's a Rega arm lift if I'm not mistaken.

The OC9Xml is very well regarded, seemingly flatter than previous OC9 variants - pretty flat to 15khz.

Shhhh don't tell anybody but Linn have been using Rega arm lifts for well over a decade!

The later Ekos 2's had them as well as the Ekos SE.

I honestly can't see why they think there's a market for an arm at the £3k price point. It just doesn't seem enough cheaper than the Ekos SE at £4K

Shhhh don't tell anybody but Linn have been using Rega arm lifts for well over a decade!

The later Ekos 2's had them as well as the Ekos SE.

I honestly can't see why they think there's a market for an arm at the £3k price point. It just doesn't seem enough cheaper than the Ekos SE at £4K
Ekos is now £4560

Selekt LP12 £10,570
Trampolin, Lingo, Kore, Arko, Kendo

Oh! Clearly certain dealers haven't been updating their prices very promptly then. I assume the implication is that they aren't exactly selling well then.

Does anybody actually buy new at full price anyway?

I recently picked up a BNIB Rega B3000 for under £600 and it isn't one of their cosmetic seconds that were sold off cheaply.

Close to 1/3 retail.

Yes, it probably was a good idea to remove the stylus assembly for safety before using that bit of shoe string.

You've been funnier! ;-)

Of course, in the real world stylus safety is a good argument for the string - it's not just about finding a way to avoid attaching one prong of a tuning fork to the headshell.

You've been funnier! ;-)

Of course, in the real world stylus safety is a good argument for the string - it's not just about finding a way to avoid attaching one prong of a tuning fork to the headshell.
I'll see your 'one prong of a tuning fork' argument, and raise you 'the sound of one hand clapping'. :D

Great to see Linn continuing with vinyl.

Hardly surprising, its their core business, expensive Turntable analog kit along with Streamers/Uniti's.

The new arm looks the business, even pricey at 3K, owners of Ittok/old Ekos might be tempted.

There's certainly a continuing market for very expensive turntables, tonearm and cartridges.
Maybe Naim will release other edition Solstice/Aro/..
Rega most likely a Planar 12 or anniversary P50.

Fech me! The top OC9 is less than £700 and I bet it's higher spec.

Who makes the arm? At the price I assume Linn are making it themselves?
Yes, apparently it’s replacing the Akito… with a £1000 hike over the Akito!:eek:

I was initially quite excited to see the new lineup of products… less so now, there’s nothing for me. I’ll still be looking at the RB3000 and one of the OC9 cartridges to upgrade my deck.

Last edited:
Headshell style of the new Linn arm is very reminiscent of the headshell on a VPI JMW-9.

advertisement

Back