advertisement

New Linn Tonearm - 'Arko' and MC cartridges

Yes i have encountered Linn dealers who will not endorse non-Linn parts, and who therefore are not, I'm my opinion, able to obtain the best outcome their customers. From experience I can say that Cymbiosis do not do this, and despite being Linn dealers, are willing to allow the customer to choose from Linn OR non-Linn alternatives, which is a highly commendable approach, but also possible due to their stocking of a larger than some dealers are able to, range of products
I heard the new Arko against the AO PU7ti (titanium armed model)
The Arko, in my opinion, sounded a little opaque compared to the PU7ti, which was clearly able to resolve more inner detail than the Arko, and in my view also looks better than the Linn arm. The Arko was not a bad performer, but the PU7ti easily bested it. Others might disagree, but hopefully not before hearing them side by side.

Yes i have encountered Linn dealers who will not endorse non-Linn parts, and who therefore are not, I'm my opinion, able to obtain the best outcome their customers. From experience I can say that Cymbiosis do not do this, and despite being Linn dealers, are willing to allow the customer to choose from Linn OR non-Linn alternatives, which is a highly commendable approach, but also possible due to their stocking of a larger than some dealers are able to, range of products
I heard the new Arko against the AO PU7ti (titanium armed model)
The Arko, in my opinion, sounded a little opaque compared to the PU7ti, which was clearly able to resolve more inner detail than the Arko, and in my view also looks better than the Linn arm. The Arko was not a bad performer, but the PU7ti easily bested it. Others might disagree, but hopefully not before hearing them side by side.

Don't come on here with your opinions based on actually having listened to it, we want pure conjecture around here, not having it muddied by people with opinions garnered from real experiences. Oh and by the way, all of it needs to be negative of course so none of this 'not a bad performer' nonsense:D

Linn can charge whatever they like and some people can choose to think that they are chronically overpricing for what they are offering.

That's the market.

My impression from my visit to Cymbiosis is that Linn products are carefully appraised as individual products in their own right, rather than under a brand blanket. I expect that customers can request any Linn product, but let's just say that I inferred that some Linn products were more heavily endorsed than others. It looked like a healthy effort to be objective and support competition within a curated selection of products, which curation is necessary when you consider the absolutely bewildering cornucopia of brands and products available to the well-heeled hifi buyer these days.

I've been to a couple of shows recently and the range and scale of what's available is truly mind-boggling. It would be easy to spend a lot of money and end up with a system that didn't come together very well, or was unsatisfying for any number of reasons, or was just a mess. That won't happen if you go to Cymbiosis.

advertisement

Back