advertisement

New Beatles Song.

I'm interested in what the AI actually did. I would have thought it had to make up his voice to cut out the piano/other bits.

I'm interested in what the AI actually did. I would have thought it had to make up his voice to cut out the piano/other bits.
Not my understanding of how it works. AFAIK, it uses intelligence to get to know certain sounds - a specific voice, a specific instrument, on a recording. It can then use digital technology to isolate out just that part of the recording and turn it into a separate track. It doesn't "create" the voice.
Watch the "making of" video of the song. It lets you hear what the original cassette sounded like, and then what John's vocal sounded like when isolated/separated from the rest of the track. It's pretty astounding. It may not be perfect, but it's pretty close.
The same tech was used on the remixes of Let it Be and Revolver. Let's you hear things like the individual voices much better, the drums actually sound much more like the real thing on the remix, for example.

advertisement

Back