advertisement

New Beatles Song.

Don’t think it would have made it onto a proper Beatles album, can’t think why they bothered really.

God, hairs up on the back of my neck. It’s like a ghost, or a Time Machine. That and the new stereo version of Revolver. Like someone went back, got them and did it all fresh. Absolutely incredible.

You’d have to be a very hard hearted listener to put that new track on and not feel something at all.

For me, it's a real mix of emotions with this one.

These guys have been the soundtrack to my entire life really, even though it was all over before I was born.
At times slipping away from me, sometimes for years, but in the end, always there.

Quite moving. The journey nears the end.

Remarkable. Beautiful. That's so much more than I expected, & I've heard it just once on an ipad. The drum sound! Omgoodness, that takes you right back. The arrangement- it's fantastic.

This country has proved recently how bloody good we were with The Stones & Beatles, & still can be, ridiculously so, at ridiculous ages.

As a long-time Beatles fan I feel this one should have been left in the can - as George said in the 1990s. Just a bit too dreary - and it sounds like a John solo, not the Beatles. The two released in 95/96 did sound like the group - and Real Love was a superb song, despite all the brickbats at the time.

I don`t dislike the Beatles but the best thing about them in my opinion was EMI feeding some of the excess profits from their golden years into other projects such as Godfrey Hounsfield`s brain scanner (CT Scanner) and a number of otherwise unlikely to be recorded opera recordings.

The 62-66 new remixes include the early songs "demixed" and remixed. Including 8 songs from Rubber Soul.

I'm excited about that, as Ioved the Revolver remix.

Digressing somewhat, but this thread reminded me. I saw a Beatles tribute band in a local pub some years ago (who were pretty good, though stuck to the earlier pre-experimental stuff obviously) when ‘John’ introduced one number with …. We like a bit of good ol’ Country now and then …… - then mostly!
(well it was funny at the time anyway)

I've just watched the video on Disney+, its a shred of a song but nicely done & I enjoyed seeing the old boys having a bit of fun. The footage from the 90's was lovely & the whole thing very moving. As ever, some will see it as an opportunity to share their view of The Beatles as if it is in any way important or original.

One thing for sure, Ringo won't be losing an ounce of sleep over what we may or may not think.

advertisement

Back