advertisement

Netflix no longer working 24th july

Netflix has changed the way their interface works to improve their users experience. This will require changes to the application on our devices. I guess Apple and others no longer offer support for their older devices unlike say a Firestick that automatically updates.

I have an old 'dumb' Pioneer that works fine with a Firestick using WiFi.

if the change to their interface causes their users to no longer be able to view their service then how the heck can it improve the users ‘experience’. All the other services on Apple TV work fine. They are forcing you down another route.

There is no need to chuck out a tv that can be made completely up to date with the simple addition of an Amazon fire tv stick on the back.
Exactly!

As I have mentioned my elderly 50" Pioneer plasma TV is years old and works very well indeed especially for live sport. I use a Firestick. My wife has an elderly but top notch Sony LED TV and that also uses a Firestick. Both work well over WiFi in this 3 floor detached house.

Bit like DV here, we have an 20+ year old 50” Pioneer plasma. Sure the tuner section is no good, but a forty quid Firestick via Ethernet does the buisness, enabling me to endure Ingerland at the Euros. Despite its age there is not one dead pixel…..the bloody thing will simply not die and give me an excuse to buy a shiny new 65” - so I could watch Ingerland at the Euros in even shinier glory….or perhaps Springwatch, or the latest Attenborough, or ….

They've got to have some way of making you upgrade your old tvs and spending your money.

Built in obsolesence makes for more profit.

The OP’s message that WiFi isn’t viable doesn’t seem to be getting through, either though.

Plenty of inexpensive adapters available if required. Darth Vader's suggestion is one of the best, but there are even cheaper ones.

The core point here is that the scrapping of a working TV because of an easily overcome 'problem' is unnecessary.

advertisement

Back