advertisement

naim cdx cd player

Eh? I had the battery replaced in my last iPhone for the equivalent of 30 of your pounds. Made me happy. I believe most iPhone parts are replaceable actually & that repairs can be done yourself if you’re confident, but I’d get a boffin to do them.

I've done an iPhone 12 battery myself and it's not that difficult.

I've done an iPhone 12 battery myself and it's not that difficult.

Is it still water resistant? :) I’ve been maintaining up to iPhone 6s for my 3 daughters for years now, screens, batteries, cameras, microphones & speakers. One transitioned to my old 7 recently & battery needed replacement - only on pulling off screen did I realise it was water resistant…it isn’t now…but will be next time I need to replace screen (have bought the correct glue as sealant).

I now have an 11 - ear speaker is low output, so have to use speaker or headphones - assembly comes with sensor necessary for faceID, fitting a new kills it. Ifixit.com has instructions how to swap just the ear speaker from a new assembly.

with the internet, it’s pretty easy to keep things alive *if* you can DIY, CD players and Apple products pretty similar.

Is it still water resistant? :) I’ve been maintaining up to iPhone 6s for my 3 daughters for years now, screens, batteries, cameras, microphones & speakers. One transitioned to my old 7 recently & battery needed replacement - only on pulling off screen did I realise it was water resistant…it isn’t now…but will be next time I need to replace screen (have bought the correct glue as sealant).

I now have an 11 - ear speaker is low output, so have to use speaker or headphones - assembly comes with sensor necessary for faceID, fitting a new kills it. Ifixit.com has instructions how to swap just the ear speaker from a new assembly.

with the internet, it’s pretty easy to keep things alive *if* you can DIY, CD players and Apple products pretty similar.

Yeah, luckily I knew beforehand it needed the right adhesive to re-seal it against water ingress. Great to hear your DIYing your own too. It's really not that bad once you've done one is it?

Can you do mine please

sure send it to me in CH and pay for postage and my time :D There are loads of cheap places to do this now, you just need to find one you can trust (again, doesn’t really matter if you mean a CDP or Apple device to me :)).

advertisement

Back