advertisement

Naga Munchetty reprimanded by the BBC

Dan Walker and Naga Munchetty were accused of left-wing bias, in the first complaint to the BBC. That's the last thing they are. I tend to switch off if the pair are on BBC News in the morning, because they toe the Corporation's right-wing line and are more interested in being entertainers than anything else.

The fact that there isn't a straightforward news programme in the morning on BBC television is appalling. The Corporation was known worldwide for its standards of journalism, but not any more.

It has gone badly downhill with successive directors being brought in to hive off operations to private enterprise.

Jack

Interesting that in Diane Abbot and Naga Munchetty we’ve had two women of colour brought up in recent threads and the reaction to both from the right wingers, regardless of the very different issues, is very similar.

Attacking them for their intelligence or their competence seems to be a very thin proxy for attacking their colour or their gender
Yup.

Interesting that in Diane Abbot and Naga Munchetty we’ve had two women of colour brought up in recent threads and the reaction to both from the right wingers, regardless of the very different issues, is very similar.

Attacking them for their supposed lack of intelligence or competence seems to be a very thin proxy for attacking their colour or their gender

Nope, I am not proxying thinly or otherwise engaged in any other sexist/racist shenanigans.

In Abbotts case, I made the point that neither Blair or Brown thought they could trust her with high office and in Naga's case some of my other posts have made it clear that I think all of the BBC's so called stars are paid too much for their respective talents.

Michel Holding and Nanci Griffiths are two of my favourite people.

Ray

What the BBC needs more than anything else is to end there apparent attitude that right wing views are acceptable or legitimate! They are not, and personally I find such views equally offensive to racist views, which are part and parcel of each other. The likes of Bannon, Yaxley-Fascist etc should not be on the BBC!

Those with right wing views are generally those who are:

Racist
Homophobic
Opposed to same sex marriage
Xenophobic
Nationalistic
Anti poor people
Anti free health care
Anti welfare State
Etc etc

Yet the BBC continually allows the far right a platform for their views! FFS! Just because these "people" manage to temporarily restrain themselves from using "the N word" or calling for Muslims to be deported or whatever for the length of the interview does not mean that they should be allowed to spew their poison over our airwaves!

Last edited:
.....how does one explain the left wing anti-semites in the Labour Party? Seems oxymoronic by the above delineation.

.....how does one explain the left wing anti-semites in the Labour Party? Seems oxymoronic by the above delineation.

KMHeN.jpg

guest, just point to the antisemitism, dont waste your time referring to articles that dont reference any antisemitic acts.

Criticism of the state and Netanyahu is not antisemitism.

One might not like the cartoons, but theres no racist tropes in them

Exactly my point. Sweeping generalisation

Would the gent above Likwsise care that point out exact examples of:

Racist
Homophobic
Xenophobic
Nationalistic
Anti poor people
Anti free health care
Anti welfare State
Etc etc

Racist
Homophobic
Xenophobic
Nationalistic
Anti poor people
Anti free health care
Anti welfare State
Etc etc
If you have a right wing newspaper or person to hand you can save the gent some trouble by simply finding an appropriate article or canvassing an opinion. Won't be pretty.

I dont agree with the generality of the picture of those on the right. I can think of examples of people that fit the description above of all political viewpoints. Homophobia, racism, xenophobia are viewpoints of ignorance not political colour.

What did you find antisemitic about the cartoons? The bibi one certainly wasnt, the 2nd was more ambiguous for me. Just a shit cartoon. The swastika prisoners is an ugly image, I'm not sure what the counterpoint was meant to be.

Racist
Homophobic
Xenophobic
Nationalistic
Anti poor people
Anti free health care
Anti welfare State
Etc etc