advertisement

My New Toy

And I love it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quvjtf9h1cf0939/IMG_1202.JPG

Brinkmann Bardot; the best record player I've heard.

The Brinkmann stuff is very good. I have their phono stage and was looking at the La Grange but SWMBO said ugly!

I now have a more modern US design that does the works and passes the WAF test. Personally I think my new vinyl rig looks rubbish but the sound oh so devine its unbelievable and will take about £20k out of yer wallet! Of course in true pfm style I only paid a fraction of that!

Cheers,

DV

I very nearly bought a Bardo myself before plumping for the SME. It sounds like my kind of turntable and I've always admired Brinkmann's build quality.

Well done. Lovely deck. Did you get the upgrade kit with it?

I very nearly bought a Bardo myself before plumping for the SME. It sounds like my kind of turntable and I've always admired Brinkmann's build quality.

Well done. Lovely deck. Did you get the upgrade kit with it?

Thanks,

Yes the build and finish is second to none, industrial beauty.

I did get the upgrade kit, crystal platter mat and it sits on a slab of granite.

The tone arm is a work of art, it is the 10.5" Brinkmann which is based on the Breuer Dynamic.

Why do a few of your posts refer to price tickets on your kit ?

Because in this instance its in the same ball park as the Brinkmann kit (OP subject) that I was tempted to buy.

Also note that in true pfm style I paid a fraction of its true cost just like others who buy s/h kit for a lot less. Stuff like Naim and Linn have known prices so its easy to figure out the value of some ones kit whilst mine is quite rare and many on pfm would never have heard of this vinyl front end. I think I had the first in the UK. It also helps when comparing like with like in audio discussions.

Its also my last TT/arm/cart and my retirement pressy to myself.

I have also corrected your post......

Cheers,

DV

Funny you should say that because my dad replaced the old 78 only TT (used metal needles) in the radiogram with a Monarch and thats what I used as a 14yo kid with which to play my 78s and 45s (I still have some of them).

Cheers,

DV

Yes, we had an early fifties Decca unit where you had to remove the turntable platter and reverse the pulley on the motor shaft to change from 33 to 78 - 45 wasn`t an option until a cheap Collaro 4 speed unit was "found". Crystal turnover pickup into an ECL82 PP amp hidden in the bottom of a Bush 9 inch console TV.
Started me on a love of classical music though.

Needs to be the gold version though (he said completely over analysing the joke as usual...) I'm going now. Goodbye.

DD doesn't work. Ivor & all his sychophants in the 80's HiFi press told us that years ago. Weren't you listening?

You'll be able to start playing piano music now. :D

advertisement

Back