advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thuggenham Hotspur 2 - 7 Bayern Munich. :cool:

It's the north Londoner's worst defeat in their history.

Well done chaps, we'll buy Son off you at Xmas.

Jack

Apparently Spurs have never conceded 7 at home before. I did however have the pleasure of being at Anfield in 1978 when Liverpool beat Spurs 7-0 in the league.

Apparently Spurs have never conceded 7 at home before. I did however have the pleasure of being at Anfield in 1978 when Liverpool beat Spurs 7-0 in the league.
Me too! The following day was the first time I ever saw TV which had been recorded on a VHS. ( Match of the day, obvs).

Chelsea and Frank Lampard won their first Champions League match by beating Lille 1 - 2. The winning goal combined a member of the old guard and a youngster. It summed up Chelsea perfectly.

Hudson-Odoi double-backed past a Lille defender on the left and floated a cross into the penalty area. Willian in his 300th game for Chelsea timed his shot perfectly. He thwacked the ball into the ground and it bounced high into the goal.

All the youths played well. Tomori, Mount, Odoi, Reece James and Tammy Abraham, moved smartly during a tough game.

Tomori caused a bit of a heart attack towards the end, when he wibbled the ball and Kepa had to do an emergency retrieval.

Despite the faff, Tomori played really well and did an inch-perfect pass to assist Tammy Abraham with the opening goal. The striker controlled the ball with his back to the net, twisted round and coolly slotted it into the goal.

Chelsea have a stretch to go, but It will be great if they get into the next round. Glenn Hoddle reckons the team will be excellent in a couple of years, if they can hold onto the young generation from the Academy.

Jack

Last edited:
LFC almost blew it tonight, hopefully a wake up call?

Fair play to Salzburg, their first two goals were very good. The third, however, was poorly defended. I do not think Gomez made a strong case to start regularly ahead of Matip. Henderson also had a poor game IMO.

On offense, LFC created a ton of chances and should have scored a few more. Robertson’s goal, assisted by Alexander-Arnold, was superb.

Lastly, it was good to see Keita back on the field, if only for a few minutes.

Chelsea and Frank Lampard won their first Champions League match by beating Lille 1 - 2. The winning goal combined a member of the old guard and a youngster. It summed Chelsea up perfectly.

Hudson-Odoi double-backed past a Lille defender on the left and floated a cross into the penalty area. Willian in his 300th game for Chelsea timed his shot perfectly. He thwacked the ball into the ground and it bounced high into the goal.

All the youths played well. Tomori, Mount, Odoi, Reece James and Tammy Abraham, moved smartly during a tough game.

Tomori caused a bit of a heart attack towards the end, when he wibbled the ball and Kepa had to do an emergency retrieval.

Despite the faff, Tomori played really well and did an inch-perfect pass to assist Tammy Abraham with the opening goal. The striker controlled the ball with his back to the net, twisted round and coolly slotted it into the goal.

Chelsea have a stretch to go, but It will be great if they get into the next round. Glenn Hoddle reckons the team will be excellent in a couple of years, if they can hold onto the young generation from the Academy.

Jack

Holding on to our younger players will depend on our buying strategy when the ban is lifted. Wherever we buy, defence, midfield, up front, one of our high performing youngsters will lose out. Will we hold our nerve and not buy in the summer? I doubt it.

Wherever we buy, defence, midfield, up front, one of our high performing youngsters will lose out.
I hope you're wrong but I share your concerns.
Ultimately I think it will depend on how these players develop through the season and just how much authority Lamps has when it comes to transfer dealings.
That said competition for places is healthy and of course the likes of Azpi, Willian, Pedro, Giroud & Caballero will all need replacing in the foreseeable future.
I would probably add Barkley to that list although not for the same reason.:)

Not surprised to see Chelsea reaping the benefits of playing their youngsters a pity they did not do so earlier.
Equally pleased to have an oldie from Chelsea in our team Gary Cahill who is still playing to a very good standard.

Holding on to our younger players will depend on our buying strategy when the ban is lifted. Wherever we buy, defence, midfield, up front, one of our high performing youngsters will lose out. Will we hold our nerve and not buy in the summer? I doubt it.

Completely agree with you. It will be interesting to see what happens. Buying and flogging expensive players makes and loses the club money. The directors will have an eye out for a new Hazard, but could well end up with another Higuain or Morata, at which point the Academy graduates will be rightly pissed off.

Given Cech is now the technical and performance advisor at Chelsea, hopefully the stupidity of the past won't continue.

Jack

I would probably add Barkley to that list although not for the same reason.:)

I hope he goes soon. However who would want to buy a bloke who barges to the front of the penalty queue, boots the ball over the crossbar and then says he would do the same again? You'd have to be as desperate as Spurs. :D

Jack

Last edited:
Sensible enough to stay for seven seasons and win the Premier League twice, Europa League twice, FA Cup & League Cup.
What did Spurs win during that period?

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN......................................sing another song son

Bloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back