advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Glasgow po-lice ever going to to take this racism seriously? 'We're deaf' just doesn't cut the mustard any more, but I'm certain that there's no desire at Holyrood to tackle it

Rangers: Uefa orders Ibrox section to close after 'sectarian singing'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49449628
It's inherent in their Orange fanbase, so it'll not go away. Part of the problem is defining exactly which songs are legally racist, rather than just offensive.

It's inherent in their Orange fanbase, so it'll not go away. Part of the problem is defining exactly which songs are legally racist, rather than just offensive.

I know, my family's littered with it. Shut them down until they learn that it's completely unacceptable and it has to stop (on both sides)

Chelsea are playing their youngest team for 25 years against Norwich. The score is 2 - 2.

Tammy Abraham scored a corker of a goal, on a half-volley, from a ball crossed in by Azpilicueta. Unfortunately Norwich then quickly equalised.

Mason Mount took Chelsea in front after feinting around a defender and placing the ball in the right hand side of the net. There wasn't much time to celebrate though, because Norwich's Puke - or is that Pokey? - charged through and thumped the ball past Kepa.

What stuck out though is Zouma is far too slow to deal with somebody like Puke. Pulisic meanwhile has done a couple of nice moves, but is in no way a replacement for Hazard.

Coming up to half time Barkley kicked the ball over the bar. He's playing because Pedro was declared injured just before the start of the match. Something to do with a hamstring I think.

The second half has just begun and Mason Mount has had an early shot. It's an entertaining game ...

Jack

Jack - you forgot to mention that Kepa is about as much use in goal as a chocolate fireguard.:(

True. :D Abraham foxed a couple of Norwich defenders and has just scored another. He got 25 last year.

It's great to have a striker who actually scores, after the uselessness of moody Morata. What a waste of money he was.

Ooops, Norwich have just hit the bar with a header. Chelsea could do with another goal.

Chelsea have scored again and the goal should have stood. Giroud leapt and his back went into the Norwich goalkeeper who was going for the ball.

Ref Martin Atkinson said it was a goal, but the VAR disallowed it. The VAR crew have been appalling.

Azpilicueta for example was kicked in the knee and should have had a penalty, but it wasn't given by VAR. Mason Mount has just had his ankle stamped on by a Norwich player and the VAR people aren't going to bother looking at it. The Norwich thug should have been given a red card.

The people doing VAR in the game today are idiots. I don't distrust the system, just the people working it.

Still, Frank Lampard and Chelsea's young team have won their first game this season. Onwards an upwards.

Jack

True. :D Abraham foxed a couple of Norwich defenders and has just scored another. He got 25 last year.

It's great to have a striker who actually scores, after the uselessness of moody Morata. What a waste of money he was.

Ooops, Norwich have just hit the bar with a header. Chelsea could do with another goal.

Chelsea have scored again and the goal should have stood. Giroud leapt and his back went into the Norwich goalkeeper who was going for the ball.

Ref Martin Atkinson said it was a goal, but the VAR disallowed it. The VAR crew have been appalling.

Azpilicueta for example was kicked in the knee and should have had a penalty, but it wasn't given by VAR. Mason Mount has just had his ankle stamped on by a Norwich player and the VAR people aren't going to bother looking at it. The Norwich thug should have been given a red card.

The people doing VAR in the game today are idiots. I don't distrust the system, just the people working it.

Still, Frank Lampard and Chelsea's young team have won their first game this season. Onwards an upwards.

Jack
VAR did not intervene on the penalty, but did on the goal. Neither, or both, looked like a clear and obvious error by the ref. I like VAR, but it’s not being applied consistently.

VAR did not intervene on the penalty, but did on the goal. Neither, or both, looked like a clear and obvious error by the ref. I like VAR, but it’s not being applied consistently.
Surely the VAR people have more camera angles to see what actually happens, as opposed to the single viewpoint of the ref?

Is it possible to have an operation so I don't give a shit about my team (Huddersfield)? This really is one of the grimmest times as a fan, I've watched us in Division 3 but never seen us squander a potentially strong financial position like we are today. The club appears rotten top to bottom.

Shocking tactics used by Arsenal this evening , playing the ball out from the goalkeeper against a high press was ridiculous and giving the Liverpool fullbacks room so it would only leave two centre backs to defend against the break was wishful thinking to say the least .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back