advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was definitely the plan. He only had League 1 and league 2 experience before this season. Hopefully he will come back to us Premier League ready.

We seem to be stockpiling centre backs at the moment so something has to give. I suspect that Duffy may be the one to go as he doesn't fit Potter's plans as well as the others and White may well turn out to be the best of the lot.
Was tidy at Newport, can certainly play, pick a pass etc, sure Bielsa would like to keep him, prone to the odd mistake but think that's more to do with the way Leeds are encouraged to play.

Not that bothered about who we play in the final though it would be nice to see if we've improved against Chelsea after our embarrassment in Baku last year. City will learn from it in terms of how teams may play against them in the CL.

Congratulations Gooners.
City had one of those days.

I don't think it is one of those days, unless they have them often now. Without Aguero, they are not the same side and can struggle to break down well organised defensive sides. Jesus has been poor of late and was poor against Arsenal tonight, albeit along with several others. It appeared Man City were trying to break down an Arsenal back 8 and more at times. I'm taking nothing away from Arsenal's setup and performance mind, they had a gameplan and it was effective and neutralised City to a large extent. City desperately need a plan B and some better finishers in the final 3rd for the number of opportunities they create. They are still a very good side, but without Sane or Aguero, they are not as effective.

Come on the blues, that will make tomorrow's game harder than the final. City are looking like a busted flush this season, next season will tell if its just a blip..

another defeat then, not in the season opener ... arsenal are pretty poor atm, I like Arteta but they’ll be well short next season without major investment
I think now that City have been given the green light to continue cheating Pep will do what he does best and throw the cheque book at the problem - it still might not be enough though.

Not at all confident about beating United in the semi-final later today. I just think they'll have too much for our somewhat erratic defence.
2nd prize, however, would be the mighty Spurs doing us a favour and either beating or drawing against Leicester - come on you Lilywhites.:D

Good luck webster.

Re: City, does Pep have a solid plan B, or C? I wonder whether it might be time to take a leaf out of United's playbook - run as fast as you can into the penalty area and fall over.

Good luck webster.

Re: City, does Pep have a solid plan B, or C? I wonder whether it might be time to take a leaf out of United's playbook - run as fast as you can into the penalty area and fall over.
I'm not sure I'd single United out for that particularly - more a reflection of where we are with the modern game now.
I was a bit surprised to hear Frank indulging in a bit of 'mind games' before the match - don't think it suits him - hopefully a one-off.

Not at all confident about beating United in the semi-final later today. I just think they'll have too much for our somewhat erratic defence.
2nd prize, however, would be the mighty Spurs doing us a favour and either beating or drawing against Leicester - come on you Lilywhites.:D

Mmm, I'm not confident Chelsea will beat Utd, but you never know. Sometimes the team turns things around after being ticked off by Lampard and Utd occasionally throw a wobbler. I hope the game isn't another example of why Chelsea need to buy a new back line.

It sticks in my throat to support Spurs, but ...

Jack

50128439618_248c4824e7_c.jpg

I'm not sure I'd single United out for that particularly - more a reflection of where we are with the modern game now.
I was a bit surprised to hear Frank indulging in a bit of 'mind games' before the match - don't think it suits him - hopefully a one-off.

It did seem a little out of character - maybe the ghost of Mourinho tapped him on the shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back