advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Just found out the Kompany has left City. A shock, I thought he would stay with the club in some capacity.

I suspect he wants to carry on playing but City dont want to waste valuable squad place on a player who wont play that much.

I assume he'll head to the US or China.

I suspect he wants to carry on playing but City dont want to waste valuable squad place on a player who wont play that much.

I assume he'll head to the US or China.

He is leaving to be player manager of Anderlecht, the club that began his career in football. A great player and man.

I must admit that the game at the Amex felt like his last league game.

10 minutes from the end our captain Bruno was substituted and given a standing ovation by the whole crowd.

A couple of minutes later Kompany was substituted too. Again the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

Not many thought that Vincent would part kompany with City just after winning the treble!

Oh dear......

What a bitter article, I imagine the reporter is a Liverpool supporter.....

I think any manager who just won a cup and get asked those types of questions is not going to be happy. Pep is the manager of the club, he doesn't own it. I can think of many managers who would of being jumping up and down on the touchdown with a win as big as 6-0 in a final, Pep didn't and for me Kompany set the tone when the 4th goal went in and he said "harsh" when he walked past Deeney, he wasn't smiling either.

Are people saying that there should be a limit to how many goals teams should be allowed to score? City can be beaten, but you can't play the way Watford did and expect not to ship goals as the match goes on.

:rolleyes: I think you've missed the thrust of that article. It wasn't really about Pep being grumpy.

".....There’s no magic or mystery about why their squad is so strong. They have a net transfer spend of more than £1.2 billion over the 11 seasons since the 2008 takeover. That’s almost 50 per cent more than their closest rival over that period – the Qatar-funded PSG – and half a billion pounds more than the team in third place, Manchester United....."

"....City’s (net spend) since 2008 is more than Real Madrid’s and Barcelona’s put together....."

Another bitter 'Liverpool fan' I presume.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken

City's challenging run to win that FA cup is also worth looking at.

0ed70482649ec2f3fe8dfe0f95433cf9a46dfdd1.jpeg

Yes, good article. My interest in club football has waned in direct correlation to the increase of $$$$'s coming in. I only really enjoy International Football since it's as close as you'll get to a "level playing field" so to speak.

Having said that, I might start looking more closely at the Championship since that appears to have been great for the past few seasons.

You cannot pick your opponent in cup games so who played against who is just the luck of the draw. I doubt any of the teams playing City seriously thought they would win and some of the teams were grateful for a few extra quid.

It's unfortunate that Mkhitaryan won't be playing for the Arses against Chelsea in Baku, because pf security fears. But we'll live with it. :D

Jack

The safety concern for Mkhitaryan underscores what was already a poor choice of venue based solely on logistics.

advertisement

Back