advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOOOH you just can't help yourself can you!

You slag off City, Liverpool and others and yet get upset when I make factual comments about a Scottish team in a league you have no interest in. You slag off English teams, but take offence when I report on another team up here apart from Celtic. Keep it up, you are becoming a proper joke on here.

You slag off City, Liverpool and others and yet get upset when I make factual comments about a Scottish team in a league you have no interest in. You slag off English teams, but take offence when I report on another team up here apart from Celtic. Keep it up, you are becoming a proper joke on here.

Get a life you take things too seriously I was going to post a ;) on the last post but thought that you would have picked up on the comedy side of things.

I do not take offence regarding my footballing posts but I cannot believe how seriously you take things you obviously are over sensitive.

You are both mental, it is only a game. Think how lucky we are with Chelsea under performing and a lack of relative bullshit.

Bloss

You are both mental, it is only a game. Think how lucky we are with Chelsea under performing and a lack of relative bullshit.

Bloss

No it's it's not it is tribal but on here you would think that persons would be sensible enough to realise that and not take things too seriously at our age.

No it's it's not it is tribal but on here you would think that persons would be sensible enough to realise that and not take things too seriously at our age.

C'mon man, Gassor is I am sure sound. He likes Aretha and knows how a suit should be cut, what more can there be.

Bloss

Ps I am sure you are also sound as a pound

C'mon man, Gassor is I am sure sound. He likes Aretha and knows how a suit should be cut, what more can there be.

Bloss

Anyone who likes Aretha is sound she is my bestest, greatest singer ever in the universe and I appreciate your efforts to calm the waters, but that is the nature of supporting football .

yet I remember when top players preferred to go to Rangers than English teams.

Aye because they were being paid in cash in brown paper bags and not declaring earnings to HMRC or the SFA.

Financial doping writ large, cheating in other words.

English clubs stopped doing (paying cash in brown paper bags) that when Arsenal were caught back in 2003.

Some clubs are probably still are doing that though as it's a cultural thing in the game especially in England.

Aye because they were being paid in cash in brown paper bags and not declaring earnings to HMRC or the SFA.

Financial doping writ large, cheating in other words.

English clubs stopped doing (paying cash in brown paper bags) that when Arsenal were caught back in 2003.

Some clubs are probably still are doing that though as it's a cultural thing in the game especially in England.

Brian Clough used to do that in a pub not too far from me.

Dutchman Koeman received a vote of confidence from the club's board this week, having claimed he has the "total support" of majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright.BBC

So that's him out of a job by Christmas!

Quite extraordinary scenes at Goodison Park last night. Google the fight ( not shared as I don't own copyright ) The man with child in his arms seems to do little more than try to push away players spilling over into the seating area. Perhaps he should have just tried to move away immediately but BBC news doesn't seem to see it like that.

A real 'sticky time for the toffees' then. <get's coat>.

Was Koeman given a say on the Rooney return? Seems that things have gone down hill fast since then and he never looked happy with it.

Quite extraordinary scenes at Goodison Park last night. Google the fight ( not shared as I don't own copyright ) The man with child in his arms seems to do little more than try to push away players spilling over into the seating area.

Agreed. Initial reaction was he had thrown a punch but watching more carefully does suggest he was pushing them away with his open hand. As is often the case, the sensationalist side of media coverage can't resist muck raking. Not sure what Ashley Williams was thinking. He's looking a liability for club & country at the moment.

Just seen a longer clip and he walks over, looking rather animated to the skirmish with his kid. There are stewards, the police and the ref there.
Everton have banned him. I don't think he can argue with that.
William's foul on the keeper was inexcusable.

Chelsea got away with one today, we were woeful. Much has been made of absence of Kante, but there are more fundamental problems. Defending at corners was absent. Just after the second goal there was another free kick out wide and there were 3 Watford players unmarked on the back post, how does that happen in a professional team?

Still, a good result

And well done Huddersfield

United <laughter continues for a very long time>

I wonder if Mourinho can hear the laughter at him in Chelsea? It will be interesting to see whether Conte or Jose goes first.

When we went 1 - 2 down, after being in front, I was thinking Chelsea could be sunk for the season. Some great subbing by Conte helped though.

Willian came on for Alonso funnily enough and began to weave his magic. Batshauyi took over from a somewhat moody Morata.

I am not a big fan of Batshuayi, but he scores and today he did twice. His first goal was an excellent header, a glance into the top left hand corner from the right of the six yard box.

The final score of 4 - 2 was quite flattering to Chelsea. In part we won because we played with 13 men. Watford's Rawlinson missed three sitters. I think he was also the player who kept falling over and trying to get a free kick when he wasn't even touched.

Chelsea still need to improve, but we've gone above Watford and are 4th in the table. That'll do for today.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back