advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Instead of flopping over at the slightest touch, if more players had the mentality of Scott Brown the game would be more entertaining.

Instead of flopping over at the slightest touch, if more players had the mentality of Scott Brown the game would be more entertaining.

If he'd done that in the penalty box, Alan Shearer would've said he went down too easy?

Even when Otamendi makes his now traditional mistake and Arsenal have a penalty, they still cant score. I think its going to end up at 1-5.....

Even when Otamendi makes his now traditional mistake and Arsenal have a penalty, they still cant score. I think its going to end up at 1-5.....

Most teams can’t.

Of the last 19 penalties faced by City keepers 11 have been saved.

That excludes penalty shootouts. If they were included the ratio would be even better.

My mate moved to this new town last week and I'm getting a bit worried. His landlords are Fred and Rose West, the towns doctor is Harold Shipman, the youth club is run by Jon Venables, the babysitter is Jimmy Saville, the school caretaker is Ian Huntley, but most disturbing of all is the local football team is being managed by Arsene Wenger!

Not looking forward to this afternoon. Got a bad feeling about my team's chances against Man C.

The game against Barca was one of the finest tactical games I've seem for ages. Keeping Barca to 3 chances in the whole game was a masterstroke. The fact that one of those chances was a mistake of our own making that lead to their goal was unfortunate, but as a tactical set up, I thought Conte got it spot on.

However, Man C look better than Barca at the moment and I'm worried.

Brighton one up against the Arses at the moment, if they can carry that through to a result at the whistle it might lighten my mood some....

...for a short while at least.

Pathetic Chelsea.

Not ONE shot on target in the entire game.

City 4 wins away from the title and Chelsea looking forward to Thursday night cup football next season.

And 150 points so far this week on the BBC Predictor competition with a game still to play.

Conte seemed oddly determined to play without a striker, even though he had two on the bench.

Edit : I forgot that Morata was brought on in the 89th minute (and Hazard, of all people, went off) lol

I suspect we'll be seeing many more games like this. Barcelona matches became very similar. Paint drying has more appeal.

(no doubt Jose will similarly park the bus in a few weeks time).

Football getting boring again ? No worries: 6 Nations Rugby next weekend :)
With the Brexit Special : France v England.

Nothing boring about today's game. Just back from the Amex, fully deserved that win. 2-1 flattered Arsenal.

Murray was his usual slow motion self. He would have been substituted had Scelloto not been wiped out. Twice he was put through but he turned back.

Up to 10th now. Onwards and upwards.

Knifes out for Wenger according to Arsenal TV, at least that's what I think it is, some bloke saying what sounds as blood but think he means bruv! every third word.

What a sense of entitlement they have, instead of saying well done they have to denegrate a smaller club as if some extra shame for being so makes the defeat even worse.
They let Chamberlain-Walcott-Sanchez move on and weakened themselves and for all their money they have bought some duds,

We play United tomorrow night and will probably get beaten, yet Jose is moaning about six injuries and Palace have about eleven/twelve missing.

Not looking forward to tonight. Moanreen has a couple of injuries yet will boast a bench that would walk straight into the Palace first eleven. Hodgson has done well with what was available, but now so many are not there it will be miraculous to avoid the drop.

Knifes out for Wenger according to Arsenal TV, at least that's what I think it is, some bloke saying what sounds as blood but think he means bruv! every third word.

What a sense of entitlement they have, instead of saying well done they have to denegrate a smaller club as if some extra shame for being so makes the defeat even worse.
They let Chamberlain-Walcott-Sanchez move on and weakened themselves and for all their money they have bought some duds,

We play United tomorrow night and will probably get beaten, yet Jose is moaning about six injuries and Palace have about eleven/twelve missing.
Best of Luck. Hope your lot do better against the Red Mancs than mine did against the Blue 'uns

That'll be Troopz , I think it is blood he says , also is it fam he says in the same context ? DT is another must watch character on Arsenal Fan TV.

advertisement

Back