advertisement

Most played LP

This week most played,

Miles Davis - In A Silent Way.

Alas, only for a week or so until I have to return it, the swine has never played this since new and says he wants to keep it, the b'stad.

Bloss

Was enjoying this thread, anymore 'faves' will be appreciated, as some of these will be sure buys for myself, and I desperately need to expand my record collection, already a bought a few of these, ta. Do your faves change when you change systems (or part of system like TT?) Mine do.

Was enjoying this thread, anymore 'faves' will be appreciated, as some of these will be sure buys for myself, and I desperately need to expand my record collection, already a bought a few of these, ta. Do your faves change when you change systems (or part of system like TT?) Mine do.

Music I like is acceptable to me on any medium, a bonus if I get to hear it through my system. Music is either good music to you or not, a system should not really alter your opinion, not for me anyway.

Bloss

This week most played,

Miles Davis - In A Silent Way.

Alas, only for a week or so until I have to return it, the swine has never played this since new and says he wants to keep it, the b'stad.

Bloss

I just picked up an old CBS pressing this lunchtime - really looking forward to it :cool:

Music I like is acceptable to me on any medium, a bonus if I get to hear it through my system. Music is either good music to you or not, a system should not really alter your opinion, not for me anyway.

Bloss

Not really alter ones opinion of the music, but with different systems (part or whole) you appreciate some music over others. I'm really talking about my recent buy of a Technics 1210, seems to be great with Techno and more beat driven music, but not that good with 60s rock. Hence I'm now playing a lot of my techno LPs I've neglected for a few years.

Rolling Stones - first album. Partly because of its age, partly because of the beautiful simplicity/directness of the recording.

Bloss

That is true but some music is so 'dense' that it needs a certain clarity to appreciate properly.

Pony Girl Foreign Life on vinyl. Can't stop playing this album. Such interesting music. Lots to explore, superbly recorded and pressed on red vinyl. Clarity is exemplary. Stentorian bass. Real work out for your system Well worth a listen.

IMG_0667.jpg

Over time, since 1962. R&B from the Marquee. Alexis Korner's Blues Inc.
Currently, probably Joni M's Blue. Probs about once a month at least since it was released.

Selling England by the Pound, then There Goes Rhyming Simon and probably RLJ Pirates, although, prompted by this threat, I'm now listening to An Invitation to Windham Hill for the first time in decades.

advertisement

Back