advertisement

Most played LP

Not exactly 'most played', but two surprises recently now that my system has changed.

Windham Hill compilation & 'Islands' and others. Always considered these as demo. wallpaper, but some are superb compositions. Above all, though, is that scintillating s.q. (leaves me breathless).

Another LP I bought for two tracks and haven't played for a decade because it sounded a bit dull turns out to be anything but. The Band; great tracks all and quite acceptable s.q. (well, better than that, really !)

Rediscovering 'lost' records when you change parts of your system is very enjoyable and full of surprises.

I don't keep track, but from memory Autobahn has been spun quite a lot.

JRiver informs me I've played Imarhan a lot, along with Bat For Lashes - The Bride and Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise.

I also don't keep records but no 1 is probably Rush's Permanent Waves followed by any of Nick Drakes albums or the first 5 Sabbath lps. It's kind of odd how Rush and Sabbath were so so so unfashionable in the 70s and are now uber cool. Guess I backed some long term winners. Only discovered Nick Drake a few years ago but what an incredible talent.

On the subject of the Sabs, I hope tonight was something very special.

Playing the re- issue now, you cannot have enough copies of this LP.:cool::D

Ah, a record I should never have sold. Something very idiosyncratic about that. Should I get the re-issue or seek out an original?

"Most played" is related to length of ownership so a couple of Beatles albums I've owned from the '60s will probably win as they have been off and on the turntable for more than fifty years.

The album that I return to most frequently and use as a reference for system changes is Neil Young's Harvest.

Not sure which but it's one of these:

Martin Stephenson - Salutation Road
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
Dylan - Desire

Split - The Groundhogs

(I don't have any vinyl anymore, but that was my most played LP before I sold everything)

Little Feat.

anyone who can write a song entitled - Fat Man In The Bathtub.

http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858757568/

Spanish Moon - Live, all time classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVJf6LhPB7Q

August 3, 1977 performance at the Rainbow Theatre.

Tower of Power Horn section.........................

I was at the Rainbow for one of the four 1977 concerts, I think Saturday 4th August? I still remember it as a Fantastic Concert (A bit of it forms part of Waiting for Columbus). I also remember that my then girlfriend and her friend had to go out to the foyer as the volume level was really high and they couldn't take it! :confused: :rolleyes:

The Unforgettable Fire by U2 is probably my most played album. I've been playing that regularly for over 32 years.

advertisement

Back