advertisement

Most played LP

My most played Joni Mitchell album used to be 'Hejira' but in recent years it has become 'Wild Things Run Fast', the first of her Geffen years run.

Unquestionably Miles Davis, but his catalogue is so huge I can't really narrow it down much further than that. I seldom get through a listening session without spinning some Miles.

Leonard Cohen - Songs Of
Closely followed by
Roy Harper - Flat, Baroque and Bersek.

70s. Pawn Hearts by VdGG.
80s. Script of the Bridge by The Chameleons

Since then, probably something by Porcupine Tree.

Vangelis - L'Apocalypse des Animaux last thing I listen to every evening....not on LP though.

Most played LP of late has been Popol Vuh - Das Hohlied Salomos.

For some sad reason this really interests me. I keep a list of all records I play - mostly so I can track the amount of hours on my carts. I've been doing this since Aug 2012. I always suspected that Sabbath would be the most played but 30mins ago I decided to find out just how much...

Exactly 2500 records played since Aug 2016 (including 7"'s etc)

And the counts...

27 black sabbath - black sabbath
24 black sabbath - master of reality
21 gang of four - entertainment!
20 can - soundtracks
20 television - marquee moon
19 black sabbath, - paranoid
19 boards of canada - music has the right to children
19 led zeppelin - iii
18 talking heads - talking heads: 77
18 the stooges - the stooges

I'm also surprised to not see any Ramones or Damned in there! Time to grow my hair again ;-)

Frankly no idea. It has to be a weird combination of interestingness, easy-listeningness, blandness and musicality. Otherwise I'd choose Troutmask and Faust Tapes.

I'd guess one of these:

VU&N
White Light.WHite Heat
Ege Bamyasi

Constantly changes but 3 that have been played the most in the last 3 months are..

Bowie - Blackstar
Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark
Neil Young - Zuma

advertisement

Back