advertisement

Most dynamic electronic music you've heard

A previous poster mentioned Autechre - probably my all time favourite electronic artist, but I'd be inclined to begin nearer the start of their discography since the later stuff could prove difficult going if they're new to you. Highly rewarding to get to know their sound and follow the progression of their output.

Other stuff;

Future Sound Of London
Stars Of The Lid
The Orb
Clark
Aphex Twin (try "Syro")
Haxan Cloak
Gas
Monolake

Does Disclosure fit into the bracket of electronic music the OP is looking for? Dancefloor aimed garage/house? Their production is excellent in my opinion, if you want to give your speakers a throbbing disco workout.

Another vote here for Yello. "Baby" on vinyl's gobsmackingly wonderful, my best album for awesome dynamics. Try their most recent album, "Touch", which is great on CD.

Of course, the Fairlight that was used for most of the music on the second to fourth (possibly "One Second" too - not sure ) albums was 16bit / 30kHz sample and the rest ("One Second" and onwards) was 16 bit / 50kHz. So, anything better than a red book CD would be a bit of a waste of money. ;)

Various Erased Tapes Artists - Erased Tapes Collection VI
Listen to Rival Consoles – Odyssey especially but IMHO there are no fillers and only £5.99 for the 24 Bit master version.

A previous poster mentioned Autechre - probably my all time favourite electronic artist, but I'd be inclined to begin nearer the start of their discography since the later stuff could prove difficult going if they're new to you. Highly rewarding to get to know their sound and follow the progression of their output.

Although Oversteps is as accessible as anything post-Amber. In all honesty, I'd recommend pretty much anything as a starting point with the possible exceptions of Exai and Untilted. I started with LP5 and Confield, having been told they were a bit like Aphex Twin (which they aren't of course) then worked backwards! They have an incredibly stong catalog of work. Terrfiying, some of it.

Trentemöller / The Last Resort

The most astonishing difference in presentation I ever experienced between CD and record.
The CD sounds like easy listening entertainment
where the (excellent) record reveals a universe of a deeply intelligent electronic symphony.

No other release of Trentemöller ever came even close to this, so should you be tempted, prepare for bad surprise.

Your post made me buy this on vinyl this morning.

advertisement

Back