advertisement

Most dynamic electronic music you've heard

Of course it's Georgio meroda behind that song!

dont mention his name even if you can't spell it.

Obviously I feel love is the greatest record ever (not the best) and when I saw he was playing I booked tickets. I don't trawl the internet so I missed the bit where is said "DJ set". Cue a 75 year old on stage with a backwards baseball cap. 4 to the floor mixes of everything. The lead and vocal are somewhere distant. No shuffle, no variation all night. He looked very much he was doing less mixing than you would expect.

We were very disappointed. The people we were there with very very disappointed and the people we spoke to outside were very disappointed.

What is wrong with a fake bunch of synth players or anything to make me feel like I was seeing a living legend. We only had a couple of minutes of each track.

I have the new Giorgio Moroder LP. It's nothing special. There are some lovely vocals by Charlie something or other and Sia which rescue a couple of the tracks, those being the best. However the mastering is crap and it sounds pretty flat.

If you want something that is decent and also sounds very special, try this for "Q-Sound" phase shifting FX. It sounds quite amazing on vinyl and it even comes through on the YouTube copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_zEHUcu2Ck

ANYTHING from Hans Zimmer.. not 100% electronica .. but closeish.. amazing low bass and dynamic swings , try the soundtrack to "the dark knight rises"

I find most of it sounds great, at least the stuff I like. How about Murcof Martes or Remembranza, Flanger Midnight Sound, Shpongle's Are You Shpongled (or anything by them), anything you can find by Mike Sheridan or Oliver Lieb/LSG/Spicelab etc. I'm actually hard pressed to think of any really badly recorded electronica of the more ambient IDM area.

PS I notice whilst adding the links a Flanger album exists that I do not own, this will be rectified...

yes, murcof remembranza is one of my all time fave eletronica albums... got all of this stuff and being human being is also spot on... :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NPG7DPQ/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

also... check out marconi union, helios, biosphere, port royal (flares)...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
In the dance arena - Chaka Khan's back catalogue seems to have been made available in 24/192, but that's not "electronica"; I don't see much other dance content making it to the likes of the HD Tracks website. I don't keep up with the new stuff.

It's interesting how high Rez is predominantly focusing on classical and jazz, yet I'm sure that there is a market out there for other genres

advertisement

Back