advertisement

Michael Brookes - Scammer Alert

Super happy you got your money back! If you've been a loyal customer at your bank for years, and have never invoked any sorta dodgy refunds, they will tend to side with you and it's great to hear that's what they did in your case.

I was selling a Rolex and somebody asked for more pics and a note saying date with DL in pics ... Next thing someone arrives at flat saying they bought it for £3k and said they had paid my son. Poor eejit ... Had to call police and then spend money on Equifax in case they tried to use my details to open accounts ..... I prefer to do in person and BACS now .....

Fantastic news, it's such a shame some people have to ruin it for the rest of us decent folk. By and large i've always found us Hi-Fi folk to be a pretty decent bunch but it always takes one to ruin it and sower things. Just happy that this has been resolved for you, thanks for sharing.

*** UPDATE ***

The bank have now refunded me the full amount! I have to admit I’m very surprised but am grateful for this result. I only hope they recovered the funds from the scammer’s own bank account.

Please be careful everyone!

Excellent news, so glad you got sorted... should have this thread pinned as a sticky... it serves as a good warning as how sophisticated these scams can be and how pretty much anyone can get fooled.

*** UPDATE ***

The bank have now refunded me the full amount! I have to admit I’m very surprised but am grateful for this result. I only hope they recovered the funds from the scammer’s own bank account.

Please be careful everyone!
That's really great news! Like you I'm very, but nicely, surprised :)

advertisement

Back